Roon not playing on my DAC (Allo + Aesthetix CD Transport/DAC)

Thank you!!

1 Like

Hi @Derek_Delisle — Than you for touching base with me and providing the requested feedback :thumbs up:

Now that I have the requested time frames (thank you again) I have enabled the mentioned diagnostics on your account. What this action will do is the next time that Roon is active on your core machine a diagnostics report containing a set of your Roon logs will automatically be generated/uploaded to our servers. I will keep an eye out for the upload and will touch base again once it has come in so you know we have it.

-Eric

Hi Eric-

There is no reason to log into Roon since the music is not coming out. What would be the purpose?
Unless you advise me to log into Roon to solve this then I will… otherwise I am wasting time.

Just recreate the problem so they get the diagnostics to try to solve your problem.

1 Like

Understood… logged in now trying to play the music.

Tks

Hi @Derek_Delisle ----- Touching base to let you know that we have received the mentioned diagnostics report.

Continuing forward, I am going to be attaching the received report to your ticket for review by our tech team. Once the team has completed their analysis and your ticket has been updated, I will be sure to share the team’s thoughts/findings with you ASAP. Your patience during this process is greatly appreciated!

-Eric

Addition: Derek, I was updating your ticket and there is a piece of information that is unclear to me. Earlier in our conversation I had asked if you had tested with another USB cable during your troubleshooting. My assumption is that you have but would like to confirm so I have accurate information for our techs. Thanks!

Hi Eric-

Since the USB cable worked for the Cambridge and for my lap top, I did not see the need to test. If you think it necessary then I will do that this evening.

Thank you for reaching out and verifying that information for me @Derek_Delisle, very appreciated!

As mentioned, your ticket is now with our tech team who will be evaluating all of your feedback and the diagnostics report we had received from your system. Once they have passed your ticket back to me I will be sure to follow up with an update.

Thanks again!
-Eric

Thank Eric… any idea for turn-around time?

Hi @Derek_Delisle — Unfortunately I cannot say for certain when our techs will be completed with their evaluation. Your ticket is in their queue and will move up in line accordingly.

-Eric

Thank you Eric…

Hello all…

I kind of was expecting to hear back for this by now… any idea when I can expect to hear back for this?

Tks

Hi @Derek_Delisle ---- Thank you for the follow up. My apologies for delay as we have been pretty busy with the launch of 1.5

I have placed feedback request on your ticket to try and expedite this process to the best of my abilities for you. Once the team has updated your ticket with their findings I will reach back out in a timely manor.

-Eric

Thank you Eric…

Hi Eric-
I attempted to play roon again based on zone/setup that was not working before.
System advised that update was available… which I ran.
The system is now working!!! Perhaps it was the update… not sure. Maybe you might know the answer.
Anyway I am delighted to have my music back! :):smile:

Hi @Derek_Delisle ---- Please to hear the update to 1.5 has helped here! Please continue to monitor the performance of the system and let me know if you experience any of the previously noted behaviors.

It is still unclear to me why this endpoint got into this state and as such I still want to hear what the team has to say about the diagnostics report we received to ensure that there are (or were) no major issues occurring.

Happy listening!
-Eric

Hi @Derek_Delisle — Thank you for the patience here. How have things been holding up since we last spoke?

I wanted to reach out because I touched based with the tech team today concerning the received diagnostics report from your system. The team noted that while they can see indications as to where the a problem occurred (i.e the zone not playing) the logs are inconclusive in the sense that there is nothing pointing to the cause of this behavior.

-Eric

Hi Eric-

So far all is going well with the Roon system. Interesting that team cannot determine cause. Will advise if further issues. I have one question:
I tried using Roon on my Android (Samsung 7) and I can play the music find but it is not allowing me to search by entering names… keyboard on Samsung appears and then disappears immediately…

Hi @Derek_Delisle ---- Thank you for touching base with me, glad to hear things have been holding up!

In regard to the observation you have made with the Samsung 7, this is a behavior we have had a few reports about and we have a ticket open in our system tracking the issue. While I cannot say for certain when it will be addressed by the team, my suggestion as a work around would be to turn off “Full Screen” mode for Roon, leaving the Navigation Bar visible at the bottom of the screen. You can do that by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and double tapping the small circle on the left of the Navigation Bar.

-Eric