Synology Router
English Electric switch
Audioquest Ethernet cabling

Connected Audio Devices

Linn Klimax DSM/2 via Ethernet
Naim NDX2 via Ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I have 3 albums by the artist Dmitri Matheny in my local library. When I search for Dmitri Matheny, it shows me the artist with image, but only shows Qobuz albums in discography, not my local albums. If I go to a local album and select the artist Dmitri Matheny, it shows no artist image and only shows my local albums, not the Qobuz albums. The spelling is identical but Roon treats them as different artists.

You can merge these two artists, so Roon sees them as the same. To do that, goto your artists view and make sure you also have at least one Qobuz album from the artist in question in your library.
In your overview of artists, select both names and choose ‘merge artists’.
You can always undo this in settings=>library.

Thanks for the tip. That will clear up this artist, but of course that doesn’t answer why it’s happening and if there are other artists that have the same issue. I can’t very well go through 1500 artists in my library and search check each one.

Hey @antonmb

Thanks for getting in touch with your question. I’d be happy to help.

The cause for what you’re seeing is metadata differences between your albums and the data in our index resulting in your Dmitri Matheny titles not being recognized by Roon. This can be caused by any number of mismatched fields, the most common cause is inconsistencies in track length.

As @Arlen suggested the solution is to Merge your local Dmitri Matheny artist entities with Roon’s artist page.

To do so please follow these steps:

• Add a Qobuz album by Dmitri Matheny to your library
  • Then go to your artists’ page
  • Select both Dmitri Matheny’s on that page
  • Click Merge artists (in the top right corner of the Artists page)
  • Select the Primary artist. When merging artists you’ll want to set Roon’s Dmitri Matheny as the primary artist in order for Discography, artist bio, etc, metadata assets to appear.
    (For example; if you use the streaming service artist as primary, the local music files artist will be merged and metadata for streaming content will remain. If you use your local music files artist as primary the rich metadata links to discography, bios, albums reviews, etc will be lost.)
  • Once the local and index entries are merged you can delete the album you added or keep it. You can unmerge artists at anytime by going to Setting>Library>Un-merge artist (unmerge button appears at the far right of the page)

To locate other artists with the same issue, use the Focus tool on your album page and look for the Inspector column, select identified (1) , then click the blue focus tab that says Identified (2). It will turn red indicating that you’re using the inversion function. (See screenshot) The results now display unidentified albums. Repeat the merging process.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.