Roon not recognizing NAD T758

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Nucleus / 10.0.0.70

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Hardwired to router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Router hardwired in rack to brand new NAD T758 through CAT 6.

Description Of Issue

Roon does not recognize T758 as a Roon Device. Can only connect through AirPlay.

T758 is supposed to be Roon Ready, which is the only reason I purchased it.

Can this be corrected?

How are you connecting the T758 to your router? I am not familiar with the model, but according to the manual it doesn’t seem to have an ethernet port. The manual does reference a BluOs module that seems to connect to the AVR via wifi by inserting a dongle into the USB port.

“Connect the USB connector of the supplied BluOS/USB hub to this USB input. Ensure that the Wi-Fi dongle and Bluetooth USB Micro Adaptor are securely connected to any of the 4 ports of the USB hub. If wireless connectivity is poor, connect Wi-Fi dongle to the supplied extension cable and straighten out for better reception.”

You are right. It was set up by my home audio folks. I have looked at the back and see the dongle but not quite sure what is going on in the rack. Sorry, I assumed that it was Cat 6. I will look into it more and report back.

1 Like

Hello @Peter_Wilborn,

A) Is it possible that the device currently in a BluOS app group? Due to the way BluOS is architected, grouped BluOS devices will appear in Roon as a single device.

B) Is the T 758 connected to your network via WiFi or Ethernet? Some routers struggle with passing multicast traffic between interfaces.

C) If all else fails, a full power cycle of the Nucleus, your router, and the T 758 is always a prudent troubleshooting technique.

-John

I checked and it is Ethernet cable hardwired to USB dongle. So it should be recognized as Roon Ready?

I am no expert here (I am just another user), but the manual seems only to mention wifi connectivity, not ethernet. Have you tried to set it up on wifi? That’s how I use Roon on my NAD C388. The instructions are on page 30 of the T758 manual.

However, Support are on the scene now and I am sure can assist in getting this resolved.

Thanks all. Not sure how it happened but while i was typing all this, Roon recognized it on its own. I didn’t do anything, so I guess it just needed a few hours.

Now, all is perfect, with Roon pulling in the correct icon and all.

Thanks again!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.