Roon not recognizing Raspberry Pi with Digi Pro 2 on Wifi

My Roon is not recognizing Raspberry Pi with Digi Pro 2 on Wifi. Any ideas how to properly configure?

Roon Core Machine----------------------------------

Windows 10 HP i7

Networking Gear & Setup Details------------------------------------
Verizon Box

Connected Audio Devices------------------------------------

Cell phone to Dragonfly (USB) to Harmon Kardon Receiver

Number of Tracks in Library--------------------------------------

Qubuzz

Description of Issue------------------------------------------------

My Roon not recognizing Raspberry Pi with Digi Pro 2 on Wifi. I’m running Roopie. I thought I set up everything right but I guess not. It runs hardwired so I know the install went OK.

When connected with ethernet did you go to the Network tab to turn on WiFi and configure.

1 Like

This should be moved to Ropieee category but…

Did you configure the HAT in the Ropieee settings and save and reboot?

To be clear… it works wired but not wifi? If that’s the case ignore the above. Are there other endpoints on your wifi network? Can you get to the configuration via web? Verify the IP address of the Pi and that it still resides in the same subnet as the Core. If they have different subnets:
192.168.1.whatever vs 192.168.2.whatever
then it won’t work. Both core and endpoint need to be on the some network.

Im trying to send pics.

How do you send pics?

Thanks! I’ll try that when I get home.

Sorry for the noob question but how do I find this out and change it. I use Fing and that might show the IP and if they are different?

I cant find that on my screen.

How do I find the Ropieee category? Maybe they would have a guide on configuration via web? It looks like I need to change the IP’s to the same subnet as the Core but I can’t find it on the setup. Maybe an admin could switch this post to the forum?

This guide is good if you’ve not read through it yet

This thread has already been moved to the RoPieee category.

If you login to your router it should tell you what is connected to it. That may tell you what address the Pi has. If it doesn’t show-up in that list put it back on the wired network and look to see if shows up. Then check the wifi settings from the web interface.

I appreciate the help and I’ve read the guide and watched videos many times but still cant figure how to change my IP. I can get into my router and Ropiee through the web interface but there is no way to match the subnets.

What is the IP of your core and the IP of ropieee?

When you connect to the Ropieee web interface there is a tab “Network”

Enable Wifi. Configure Wifi. Leave it on DHCP. Then try wifi.

I’m in the tab but there is no configure. It only shows interface info.

Interface:

Raspberry Pi On-Board WiFi
Network:

Verizon_R9PXGS
Password:
••••

I’m on the phone with idiots from Verizon. The directions for my 5G internet router are outdated on their website. They have no clue how to explain how to change my IP adresses in the router.

This is so frustrating. I spent 2 hours on the phone with Verizon to find out the issue isn’t on their end. The Raspberry Pi is not scanning to connect with my router. Everything else in my house is recognized but the Pi. I never had to change any IP addresses. I don’t even know what to do now. What a waste of money and time. SMH.

It looks like I need to change the IP’s to the same subnet as the Core on my Raspberry Pi as it isn’t being recognized by Roon but I can’t find it on the setup. I can’t hind the setting. It works fine Wired but can’t figure this out.?

You shouldn’t need to do this.

Did you re-enable it in Settings==>Audio? It won’t be the same entry as it was when it was wired.

1 Like

I spent 2 hours on the phone with Verizon to find out the issue isn’t on their end. The Raspberry Pi is not scanning to connect with my router. Everything else in my house is recognized but the Pi. I never had to change any IP addresses. Could the radio be broken in the Pi? I don’t understand why it isn’t recognized.

Ok, you are saying that when you get into your router software that the Pi doesn’t show up?

Assuming it’s a Pi 4, does anything here help?

1 Like

It’s a 3B+ which should have wi fi