Roon "Not Responding"

Roon Core Machine

I am on an Alienware PC with 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i9-11900F and 32 GB RAM. I use a Netgear cable modem to Xfinity where I get ~300 Gbps and am getting that now. Everything works but Roon and Roon had been working up until I turned off my computer last night. No other changes to anything.

I had been running Roon no problem for the past few days (new subscriber) and today I started up my computer and Roon just hung, with a “Not Responding” error in the Roon program window. I was attempting some troubleshooting and uninstalled it, restarted, and re-installed, but it’s now hanging during installation and won’t resolve, with the same “Not Responding” in the top-left corner or the Roon program window. I can see the Roon files under “…\AppData\Local\Roon\Application” but it simply won’t start.

Any help appreciated.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

How did you shutdown Core before turning off your computer. If you didn’t, then the database is probably corrupted.

Since you just testing now, it probably doesn’t matter if you do a reinstall. Delete the database, to make sure you don’t pick it up again. Blow away the program and reinstall.

If you’ve taken a Settings==>Backup, then do a Restore. If you haven’t made any curations to your Roon library, then you won’t need to do that.

Less likely but also possible is that Windows did some updates during the restart process.
This may have changed your Firewall settings etc.

Also, restarting your modem/Router with the PC (properly) shut down might also be worth a shot.

1 Like

Well, like a good Roon user I was checking all other threads like mine and lo and behold I came across the one with two monitors. I managed to switch Roon to start on my other monitor and it worked. Then I anchored the program to start on that monitor. So, at least for now, I’m good. Of course much of the modern world uses multiple monitors these days and that’s an issue I have never seen with other programs, so I hope Roon will get that figured out. For now we can close this out. Thank you.

Two monitors, huh? A small detail that was left out of your system description.

Still seems like a bug. Why would the desktop app care how many monitors are available or which one it uses on startup?

Yep, but it’s a known problem that if it was described in the post would have led to a quicker resolution and less of a waste of time.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.