Roon not running. Crashes at startup

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
i7 Windows 10 Pro, I believe latest Roon build, over 100,000 tracks.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Wifi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Core crashes at start up. sometimes gets to home screen for a couple of seconds but then crashes

Core crashes, no other hardware involved.

Hi @sandmanct,

When did this start occurring? Was there any change in your setup around that time (new media added, Windows updates, etc.)?

Have you tried rebooting your Core machine?

Not sure if anything new. It has been over a month, possibly a Windows update. I periodically rip new media. Have rebooted multiple times.

Hi @sandmanct,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Ok. I started Roon at 9:50PM. The Home screen appeared at about 9:57 and crashed at 9:58.
Thanks,
Joe

Hi @sandmanct,

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Any word on this problem?

Hi @sandmanct,

For some reason it is not reaching our servers, even after I tried re-enabling diagnostics on your account. I also ran a quick test and I was able to submit a similar report from my setup here, so something else is going on.

So we can move forward, I was hoping for now you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.