Roon not showing album format tag of many TIDAL releases

Hello!

I have seen there have been discussions already about Roon not showing Sample Rate and Bitrate of certain TIDAL albums. Someone has said this is due to sync delay between Roon and TIDAL and will always be fixed after a few days automatically.

However, I see many albums that are already old that still do not show any album format. See attached screenshots. This never happens with Qobuz…

Is there any fix for this? I think this is really annoying.

Thanks

@Sebastian_Wilck,

I’ve moved this topic to Support so that Roon’s support team will see it.

1 Like

Dear Support,

any word on this? This is very obvious bug that should be fixed.

Thanks

Hi @Sebastian_Wilck

TIDAL does not provide us with format info. There are over 30 million TIDAL albums, so we don’t run analysis over them all (particularly when the format for any track on any album is subject to change). Instead, we analyze an album’s tracks the first time (and subsequent times) it is played and that feeds back into the following day’s metadata (or the day after that).

It’s always been like this I’m afraid and it’s not a “bug”. We do have a ticket to do some proactive automation here; however, the availability of new content to us is the same as it is to you, so there would be at least a 24 hour lag.

1 Like

Hi @joel ,

Many thanks for your detailed answer. Does that mean that albums in my library were simply never played when the format does not show after 24hours?

It doesn’t load the format of those albums when I play them myself. Not after 24hours and not after a couple of weeks. The album format will never show.

Should I remove those albums from my library and play them again without having them in my library that format data is synced with Roon?

Thanks

I think maybe we should invite @support to work with you on this.

Dear @support Please have a look at this topic. It seems that track / album format data is not sent back to Roon Servers when albums have been added to the library already. In my library all of the albums where the album format did not show will also not show it after days or weeks. It will never show. This is really annoying since I want to be able to see the album format in my library. Thanks