Roon not showing any local audio output devices

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 / Roon ver 1.7 (build 710) stable 64 bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Verizon Fios / Ethernet connection

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

LS50W USB / Schiit Hel / Sony TA-ZH1ES

Description Of Issue

Roon does not recognize any of my local Audio output devices and only shows network devices.
When I wait and click on the refresh button, the refresh icon shows and just says it’s refreshing forever.

1 Like

Try turning off your firewall as a test. If the devices appear, then, you will have to add Roon,RoonServer, and/or RaatServer to the firewall exceptions.

Hi @Jinha_Hwang,

As Daniel suggested above, this definitely sounds like a firewall issue. Can you try disabling it and confirm whether or not that results in any change? After that placing the exceptions for Roon/RoonServer and RAATServer should do the trick.

If you are still seeing issues after this just let us know!

All these programs are already in the exceptions for my firewall.
I’ve tried turning the firewall off, but I’m still experiencing the same problem.

Note: I’m using Bitdefender as my antivirus program which controls my firewall and I set the exception on both Bitdefender and the Windows firewall.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.