Roon not starting due to Intel Graphic on Windows Server 2012 R2

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows Server 2012 R2 / Intel on board Chip/

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet but Network runs fine

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB DAC Mytek 192

Description Of Issue

I can not start Roon since I have not the correct graphic card driver for the onboard intel. Is there a work around? I can not find the correct drivers for Windows Server 2012.

I had the same problem with my modified JPlay PCs - not enough graphics power to run Roon

In the end I had to use another PC, then I bought a Nucleus

1 Like

What if I run roon server on it instead? I have a single audio pc solution running with jriver and audiophile optimizer

Give it a go, can’t hurt I guess.

AO has a ‘Using Roon?’ Option, I think? (Not used it for ages)

It should be a good solution, I reckon

My two PCs and 7 LPS are currently redundant, I should do something with it all :thinking:

Frankly, Roon Server is a more obvious choice for a server machine… You might want to check out this KB article as well…

I’m assuming that you have another device (PC/Mac/Tablet/Smartphone) that you will be using as the Roon Control to run Roon’s UI on.

1 Like

Yes, ok then I will install roon server. Ideally I would like to use the computer without monitor and keyboard

It is running now. The Roon Server Shell modus on Audiophile Optimizer is not running 100%. I can use Roon with my iPad and I’m connected to Qobuz but Qobuz can not stream for whatever reasons. In Windows Server GUI Shell all works.

Hi @Timur_Oezer,

Do you have any firewalls active on the Core and/or router?

Does local library content work as expected?

Hi, Quobus is streaming now. But roon is stopping playing after a while. Not sure why. Sometimes Incan listen 2-3 hours sometimes below one hour. I still can access roon and there is no error message on my phone but no sound is coming out. A restart helps.
Best,
Timur

Hi @Timur_Oezer,

Does the issue only occur for one of your zones or on multiple zones?
Can you let me know the exact local time + date + track you have the next failure on?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.