Roon not starting on Windows 11 machine (ref#5X1UIB)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

Something else

How can we help?

I am experiencing freezes or crashes

Roon will not start. It remains permanently on the opening screen with the animated Roon icon. It is a windows 11 machine. I use it only for Roon. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Roon. Problem remains. Task manager shows Roon Appliance running using low single digit % CPU, and about 6GB memory, and about 4 Mbps network. RoonServer is running using close to zero resources. RAATServer is running using close to zero resources. Windows is version 23H2., and has 202404 updates. Thank you.

@Douglas_Rothstein, sometimes Microsoft updates play havoc with network settings. Can you confrm the following:

1. Your W11 PC is set to Private network and not Public network under Windows Network settings?
  2. You have created firewall exceptions for roon.exe, raatserver.exe, and roonappliance.exe?

Thank you Robert_F. I confirm that. I’ve attached photos in case they show I’ve misunderstood.

Thank you @Douglas_Rothstein, those look correct. Have your rebooted your W11 PC and restarted both RoonServer.exe and Roon.exe?

I have rebooted. Is that sufficient to restart RoonServer.exe and Roon.exe?

Yes, it should be fine to restart Roon Server and Roon.

Not necessarily. Did you select for Roon Server to start on boot up? Also, click on the Roon ICON to start the Roon client program.

1 Like

Thank you both. Roon Server is set to start on boot. The client program starts in the loop i described, showing nothing more than the animated Roon icon.

Hi @Douglas_Rothstein,
Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We’ve activated diagnostics on your account. Can you please start the Roon server for a few minutes to allow us to receive the diagnostics package? Once we have that we can begin troubleshooting.

Thank you.
It is running.

I have some troubleshooting steps that I sent via private message. Let’s continue troubleshooting there if needed.