Roon not updating

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10; Roon v. 1.6, build 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Roon is on my computer; Asus gaming laptop; hard drives containing music files are connected to computer by USB 2.0 and 3.0

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB

Description Of Issue

No recent changes to computer software. Roon was working well a few days ago.
Today, Roon shows music “added today” when this music was added months ago. It is not finding music I added today, and I assume for a couple months, resulting in thousands of lost songs.
I have double checked locations of files and these are correct (and were not changed prior to onset of problem). I have twice performed a forced read of music folders and files are still not found.
Other programs are accessing the external hard drives where music files are located without problem. I am having no other computer issues.
What should I do?

Hi @Michael_Cohen — Thanks for reaching out!

First, can you share screenshots of Settings | Storage so we can see your watched folders in Roon?

Next, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.