Roon not working on my NUC build after 1 year flawless operation [Resolved]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nuc series 8 13
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

att router/dsl moden
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

ether region to sonnet Hermes to sonnet morpheus
Description Of Issue

I am getting a kernel panic message any help would be appreciated

Looks like a bad boot drive, buy a new one, re-install rock, and restore from a backup.

sorry for being dense, you are saying the M2 SSD may be the culprit? If so easy fix with a new one

I think so, that’s where I’d start. You could just re-install Rock, and it might be ok for a while. But if the drive has a problem, you’ll be in the same position again very soon. Therefore, it might just be worth replacing the m2 drive and starting fresh.

I’ve tried to reinstall roon several times as well as a few recovery attempts. Just purchased another M2 and will hope for the best. I really appreciate your help

1 Like

Hey @John_Purtill,

I couldn’t be more sorry that we didn’t get a chance to reply 18 days ago :pleading_face:

We’re all the more grateful to @mikeb for his interventions and for your immediate action. Are there any updates you can share? Can we help with anything now? :nerd_face:

all is well and loving my set up :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.