NETGEAR.

Connected Audio Devices

NODE 2i (130)
Denafrips Hermes
Denafrips Terminator 2 12th
MOON 740P
MOON 760A

Number of Tracks in Library

No external library. Just using TIDAL via Roon. Trying to anyway.

Description of Issue

Roon not playing via Bluesound USB. Playbar static and skips songs quickly through tracks.

The Set Up:

ROON 2.0

ROON NUC REV A (good quality ethernet cable)

BLUESOUND (w/ Teddy Pardo LPS) USB TO DENAFRIPS HERMES DDC

HERMES DDC TO DENAFRIPS T2 DAC VIA IS2

T2 DAC TO MOON 740P VIA RCA

Quality cabling all through…

No issues with Hermes & T2 via BluOS APP. Plays clean so I know DDC and DAC are configured correctly. Both have current firmware. Sounds great too!

No issues via ROON APP to other ROON end points. Plays fine to BlueSound Pulse, iPhone and iPad.

Just when I select my Moon set up from ROON device selection, playback freezes. It shows a signal is coming in beside the device name (pic below), but no sound or playbar / time movement.

This freeze happens whether using IS2, AES, or Coax inputs.

Please do not comment on getting a better streamer for SQ. That’s down the road perhaps. Just trying to understand what this current issue is.

I will also say that Roon was working via this same set up when I first installed NUC last week. It skipped A LOT, but now won’t even play. I did update to ROON 2.0 and the DDC firmware to 3.12.

Hi @Kirk_Hipkiss,

Thank you for patiently awaiting an official response from Roon regarding your issue.

Can you give me some more information on your networking setup? Having only “Netgear” is keeping me from making any potential assertions surrounding your situation.

That said, I looked at diagnostic logging for your account and I am seeing a whole host of networking errors. These errors are present when attempting to connect to Roon account servers, Tidal, Radio, Roon metadata, Moon, and BlueSound.

If you could do a couple of things for me, I’d appreciate it.

1. Update your post to reflect networking information including modem make/model, router make/model, any mesh network setup, and also advise of any switches managed or unmanaged.

2. Duplicate the problem and then note the date/time/track played and report back here. This will give me a specific instance to seek out in diagnostic logging.

Also, here is a page with some settings for the Node that may help. There is an identified issue with using a Node via USB and Roon.

Thanks,
Wes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.