Roon not Working with Direct Stream DAC

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

PS Audio Direct Stream DAC with Bridge Firmware 4.0.1…Mac Book Pro for Core OS 10.15.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Asus RT-AC86UY Wireless-AC2900 Dual band Gigabit Router…Cabled to PS / DS Dac…Use roon from Computer to DAC as WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

PS Audio DAC to Audia Flight via XLR

Description Of Issue

I have always had to start ROON on my MAC twice to get ROON to recognize my PS DAC…The odd time three times…Now it does not recognize it at all…Have restarted comp a few times…Rebooted all my wifi gear and associated gear…That didn’t work…This has gone on for a few days now

Hi @Jeff_Zelent,

Are other devices showing up in Roon okay?

You mention that the DAC is connected via Ethernet but the Core is connected via WiFi. Are you able to connect the Core to Ethernet as a quick test if you have an adapter available? Is there any change?

My other devices do show up. I hooked my Core directly to the PS DAC via usb cable and it shows up and plays just fine. Does this satisfy your request? My Mac Pro does not have an Ethernet style hook up…I would need to have a male to male USB cable to hook directly to my router. I have also contacted PS Audio to see if there is a way to test if the bridge module is still working. They have not replied yet…

Hello @Jeff_Zelent, to clarify Dylan’s comment, we recommend Ethernet for the core in our networking best practices guide. With that being said, if you could please try reinstalling the drivers for your device, rebooting, and after that, try reproducing the issue. Please reply here with a timestamp (the date and time you notice the issue) in your local timezone and I’ll enable diagnostics for your device so we can take a look and see if there’s a network issue or something else going on.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll try and figure out how to reinstall drivers. I’m hoping that won’t affect my playlists and favourites. I have been using my core wireless since I’ve had Roon, which I believe is about a year and a bit and never had this problem. As far as an exact time this issue started is hard to say as I work away from my home. It worked fine when I left to go to a project in late November and did no longer work work when I got back just before. Christmas.

I did try reinstall…Nothing seemed to happen when I clicked on the icon to install to my comp…It asked if I trusted the download off the internet and then did nothing…Do I need to uninstall ROON first…Please help

Can someone tell me how to uninstall ROON…I have looked around and have been unable to find it in the help pages…Or community

Hello @Jeff_Zelent, you can use this guide to uninstall an app on Mac. Were you able to try connecting via Ethernet?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.