Roon Nucleus disappeared from the Network

Roon Core is unable to be found on network

RoonNucleus Plus w/ 4tb internal SSD

The system is setup as follows:
• The ethernet enters the media room and is immediately run to a Linksys 8 port Switch
• An MSB Premier DAC with MSB Renderer and the Roon Nucleus Plus with 4tb SSD are then both attached to the switch
• An iPad is utilized as a controller

I thought that I would rearrange my components and clean up the cabling this Memorial Day weekend. The good news is that it looks much better; the bad news is now when I fire the system up the Roon Nucleus Plus and the Roon Core are nowhere to be found in the network.
I have done the following, to no avail:
• Rebooted the Roon Nucleus several times
• Brought a computer into the media room to confirm that I have a good ethernet connection
• Confirm that the switch is working using the computer
• Confirm that all the cables are fine using the computer
My iPad was unable to find the Roon Core on the Nucleus. Out of frustration I decided to insert my old Sonic Transporter into the network, and BINGO there it was on my iPad. Since my backups are not interchangeable between the two, I opted to not move my membership back to the Sonic Transporter.
The system is setup as follows:
• The ethernet enters the media room and is immediately run to a Linksys 8 port Switch
• An MSB Premier DAC with the MSB Renderer and the Roon Nucleus Plus with 4tb SSD are then both attached to the switch
• An iPad is utilized as a controller
What steps can you suggest that will get the system functioning?
Thanks for your help,
Tim Dam

Are you seeing any lights on the nucleus lan port? If not maybe it’s power issue to the nucleus or cable seating issue on the lan port

Yes. Green lights on switch and green lights when the Nucleus is booting

Hello @Tim_Dam, and thanks for the details! Are you able to access the Web Administration Interface?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.