Roon Nucleus disappears from Windows10 Network view in File Explorer

I have major editing of metadata to do and I am completely stalled because the Roon Nucleus has disappeared from the Network display in Windows 10 File Explorer. I couldn’t find it a week ago, then it reappeared and now it’s missing again. The Naim Uniti Core continues to be visible. Why it and not the Nucleus?

What shall I do?
Is this a Windows problem?
A Router problem?
A Nucleus problem?

I should add that I can play my music as usual so the Nucleus is not down.
My Router, a Netgear Nighthawk seems to be functional in all areas. The Roon app is also functional, though it is not capable of doing the required editing. ( I certainly wish it were! )

It’s a Windows “feature” - it often loses devices that are not other Windows PCs from the Network display in File Explorer.

Just type \\Nucleus\ in the File Explorer address field, and you should see it again (until the next time Windows forgets it)

2 Likes

That worked! Sending a huge thank you your way :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve mapped the ROCK Internal Storage Device on my Win10 machine. Sometimes I can’t see my ROCK on the network, but the mapped drive is always there.

I have mapped a drive before but it was a couple of years ago and I forgot how to do it. I will certainly look it up and do that too. Thanks!

Can’t help wondering why does Windows have this problem? Makes no sense that it can come and go like that.

Microsoft moves in mysterious ways its wonders to perform… :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello @Echolane, glad you got some help here! Please let us know if you have further questions.

A nice read about possible causes and how to resolve:

http://www.boristheengineer.co.uk/networks/master_browser.htm