Roon Nucleus I need an original operating system

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus i3 8GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

This system is not what I want, I need an original operating system.

Roon OS version 1.0 (build 254) is the latest version of Roon OS. This is fine. It is the basic operating system and changes rarely. This version was released on November 9, 2022:

The Roon (Server) version on the Nucleus should be version 2.0 (build 1234), and this is the more relevant one. Does it show this when you check in the Settings under About in your app? If yes, everything is OK.

If you are experiencing any problems, please let us know what they are.

EDIT: See the good point by @bearFNF in the post below regarding the switching to Nucleus

You might check the Nucleus web administration page to see what is installed:

@Suedkiez I think they might be asking for @support to flip the switch to get the ROCK OS changed over to the Nucleus OS?

1 Like

Good point, I missed this in the screenshot. Seems reasonable

1 Like

won’t show Roon nucleus

This system is installed by myself
The original system is damaged

So it looks like you need @support to delve into your Core and return it to the Nucleus OS.
They have been paged here now so you just need to be patient until it reaches their queue.

Thanks, I did understand after my post. I had missed the “ROCK” label in your screenshot. As others have said, the official Roon support needs to switch it to Nucleus, this will go quickly by changing a setting for you on the Roon server, as soon as they get to your case.

In the meantime, everything should be working normally with ROCK, the switch to “Nucleus” just installs additional thermal management software that is specific to Nucleus

Thank very much

All I do now is wait, right? Thanks

1 Like

Unfortunately yes, nothing else can be done by anyone else.
But you should be ok to use as is as long as you don’t cause it to run hot by using a lot of dsp functions etc.

1 Like

Can I contact customer service ?

This forum is the go to to contact Roon support.
They will get to this as soon as they are able.
There is no other method of contact right now.

Thank very many
Thank you help

3 Likes

how long does this take ?

Hey @donglin_wang,

Thanks for your patience here! I will follow up via PM when we have successfully flashed the Nucleus OS to your ROCK. Please keep it online in the meantime :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ok thanks :smile::+1:

Hi
When can I solve my Roon nucleus problem !
Thanks