Roon Nucleus loses connection to audio device and stops playing

Having updated to the actual software my Roon Nucleus+ randomly stops playing. Sometimes I get the message on my iPad: lost connection to the audio device. This happens for both: a LAN connected device and a USB connected device. However I can see all devices. Hitting the play-button starts playing again.

You might want to give some details about what, precisely, your audio devices are and your network hardware and configuration. Otherwise we’re all just guessing about diagnosis of your issue. Thanks.

I haven’t changed hardware at all and the Nucleus+ has been running perfectly until then for some years. Thus which hardware data might be necessary? My Weiss DAC 501 is fed from the Nucleus by both inputs, LAN and USB.

Simply because it helps us and the Support team to have full information about your setup.

And are you saying that the common factor here is the Weiss DAC 501 (since it is apparently being fed by both LAN and USB)? What happens if you play to another Zone, e.g. speakers on a laptop or tablet? Do you still get the same issue?

Good idea, Geoff. No drop-outs or stops when playing to my Devialet devices. There only is a delay of about 2 sec. However when I selected first Dione the Devialet Phantom played. Switching the zone things then were correct! Strange! The Nucleus is connected to a repeater as is the DAC. The Devialet devices are connected directly to the main router or via a LAN-switch.

Sorry, do you mean that the Nucleus is connected to a wifi repeater? If so, that’s not a good idea. A Roon Server really needs to be directly connected to a wired network.

No, the ‘repeater’ (or LAN-hub or switch) is connected to my router via a CAT6 LAN cable as are my audio devices having a LAN port. All other non audio devices are fed from another port of the router.

Hi @Michael_Graw,

I’m seeing some playback errors with Qobuz that relate to the availability of the content from Qobuz’s servers. For example:

Warn: [qobuz/media] could not get playback info for 202:0:142245834: Result[Status=NotAvailable, ErrorText=No streaming URL returned]

Do you experience issues when streaming content outside of Qobuz?