Roon Nucleus+ malfunction

Roon Core Machine

Roon-

I have a Nucleus+, and I can no longer log in via my network, the Roon software can no longer find the Roon core, everything seems to have just stopped working. I’ve attempted to reboot the unit, swapped ethernet cables, to see if there are any differences, with no luck. What are my options? I have a lifetime Roon membership under [ moderator removed private information]

Thanks!
Dane Stack

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Xfinity modem/router to a Trendnet gigabit switch on Ethernet. The Trendnet switch connects to the Nucleus+, Netgear NAS, and Naim Uniti Nova Streamer/preamplifier.

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi Dane,

If you connect the Nucleus to a monitor do you see anything on screen. If so, could you post a pic of the screen.

I would remove your membership email from your post if I were you.

I can’t find the nucleus+ on the network either, so no, I can’t see anything.

I’ve only connected to the nucleus+ through the network via an IP address, or through the roon app, is there another way to connect?

Same suddenly started to happen to me after it was working well for hours I think the problem may be at Roon end

Just connected

I cannot access the nucleus+ at that IP address

The IPv4 address for my laptop is 10.0.0.179, the IPv4 address for the Nucleus+ was 10.0.0.152, I could reach the unit with this address, that is not now the cast. How do I go about re-setting the unit to original settings?

Dane

IP addresses are either automatically assigned by your router, or you assign them manually on the router’s admin interface. In either case, the endpoint devices like your Nucleus do not choose their IP address on their own. Therefore, if the current IP address of your Nucleus is not the correct one (not in the correct 10...* network), in all likelihood this is being caused by the settings on your router.

My point with the reset question is that I probably chose the dedicated IP address rather than the one automatically assigned, and it is the one causing problems. if the reset to original setup sets the nucleus+ with the automatic assigned address setting, that would probably solve the problem. In either case I’d like to try the option (if it exists) to see if it solves the problem. Using the 10.0.0.152 IP address gives me the square icon, but never resolves to the web access interface.
Dane

But the IP is assigned to the Nucleus by the router. If it assigns a wrong one, it will most likely assign the same wrong one to the Nucleus even if you reset the Nucleus.

I would suggest checking the router settings to find out why it suddenly assigns a 192. address instead of the 10.

EDIT - Correction: You should in any case ensure that it’s not the router assigning the incorrect address. However, I forgot that it is possible to configure a static IP directly on the Nucleus. You can reset this locally on the Nucleus (even if you cannot reach it on the network) like this:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.