Roon Nucleus "Network Error: Please Check Your Network Connection"

Trying to logon to the Nucleus at my office. For a week to two now I have been getting “Network Error: Please Check Your Network Connection” when I try and login with my user name and password and the nucleus has been unsuable. I’ve tried resetting the nucleus–no luck. When I go to configure the Roon, the network sees the Roon and its IP address, I can supposedly download the latest software, reset the database, etc., but nothing changes. Still I get the Check Your Network Connection.

I’ve owned two rooms now (one at home, other at office) for approximately a year and a half now. I’ve grown tired of the constant trouble shooting, unstable software, and seemingly never ending problem solving. The inability to actually speak to someone is frustrating too. I’ve invested a lot in the architecture and candidly I expect better.

Right now at home things are working fine. But the office is totally down.

Tagging @support for this.

They’ll want to know more details of your office setup.

Nucleus plugged into network over ethernet. SSD hard drive connected to Nucleus over usb. Roon software being used over Mac products.

They’ll probably ask for more, e.g. router model, is a ‘smart’ switch involved, etc.

See ‘Describe Your Setup

About Roon on my mac does not work.

My Router is a Apple Airport Extreme latest edition.
My Roon is plugged into my router through a Netgear FS108 Bridge.
My head unit is a krill digital vanguard.

Hi @Matthew_Chasar,

Would you kind use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Matthew_Chasar,

Thank you for sending those logs over and for your patience until we have had a chance to review, it is appreciated.

Looking over your logs, there appears to be multiple instances of networking errors and looking over your setup details, I have some suggestions:

We strongly suggest staying away from Apple networking gear as mentioned in our Networking Best Practices Guide as we have often seen poor performance with these kinds of routers.

Finally, we strongly recommend against using Apple network devices such as the Apple Airport Extreme and Airport Express (note: it’s fine to use the Airport Express as an Airplay device). To ensure the best performance, we recommend against using these devices.

I would also suggest changing the default DNS servers on your router to use Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS for more reliable connectivity.

According to the amazon listing for this switch, I see that it is a 100Mbps maximum throughput switch. You will want to use an unmanaged 1Gbps switch instead as the increased bandwidth can help.

A post was split to a new topic: New Issues with Nucleus - Network Error please check your internet connection

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cannot get Roon running