ROON NUCLEUS no more recognised on my Roon software, from my PC (Win 10)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NEW «ROON NUCLEUS» bought on March 27th 2021.

OS 1.0 (build 227)

Serial: 54B2039B3885

It works correcly during about 2 weeks.

Now I can’t use it from none of my computers

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Modem and Router (ADSL / WiFi) VIDEOTRON EMG2926-Q10A, v. 1.0

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

ROON connected via USB to DAC-1 Wyred 4 Sound

Description Of Issue

ROON NUCLEUS no more recognised on my Roon software, from my PC (Win 10)

I have a ROON NUCLEUS since 2 weeks with no problem at all. I really love it.

But something happen and ROON NUCLEUS is no more recognised in ROON software on my PC running with Win 10

I have restarted and reboot router and PC

But after when I click on «Find my Roon Core» it search without result.

When I click « Help » even when I «Scan» with my IP address it does not work.

When I click on: «Configure Roon OS devices on your network», I can see a window indicating

When I click on IP address 192.168.0.115, this windows appeared:

When I click on «REINSTALL» I see this windows that seems to work non-stop without results.

There is also this windows:

When I click on «RESET», this is always «NOT READY» even if this window indicates «Success»

What can I do to solve this problem ??? I am don’t what else I could do…???

Can I reinstall the ROON NUCLEUS with a USB keyboard, a HDMI monitor and a USB drive ? I made this connexion and when I wrote « Network » . I received « 192.168.0.115

I bought it in March 2021. It stopped working after 2 weeks. So I was thinking of swapping it out for a new one because if the firmware is causing the problem, I think it needs to be checked at the factory. Maybe there is something wrong with the hardware and not only the OS.

Thanks !

Pierre

Welcome to the Community, sorry that you are currently experiencing a problem. While we’re waiting for a member of the Support team to pick up your issue, I just thought I’d clear something up.

The latest version of the Roon Operating System (Roon OS) is version 1.0 Build 227.

It is the Roon software (the Core and Output components that run on the Roon OS in the Nucleus) that is at version 1.8, Build 790.

So there has been no “downgrade” of the Operating System - it is at the latest version.

Now, over to the Support team to help you further…

Hi Geoff,
Thank you very much for your encouraging response. At least I now know that firmware is probably intact and the OS is the correct version contrary to what I thought.
I am optimist now that the Support team will help me to find a solution.
Thank you very much Geoff !
Pierre

Did you buy this direct from Roon or through a reseller?

If the latter it may be worthwhile to contact them.

I have to commend your patience, if I had no music for a few days I’d probably be a bit more vocal. I hope Roon support show up soon.

.sjb

Thank you John !
I will contact my reseller. Luckily in the meantime I can listen to my music with Tidal, but after hearing what comes out of my ROON NUCLEUS, I can’t wait to hear it again. I feel like I will appreciate it even more.
Thank you!
Pierre

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.