Roon Nucleus not visible to Windows 10 computer anymore

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon 1.6

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
ARIS MODEM ROUTER
STANDARD NUCLEUS
SAMSUNG EVO SSD 1TB PLUGED INTO NUCLEUS

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
PS AUDIO DSD WITH BRIDGE II

Description Of Issue
My network always displayed through Nucleus icon and my SSD until seven weeks ago when one of these devices disappeared following the second day and another device disappeared from view but everything seems to work fine with my computer and streaming to my audio system with the exception that the SSD which contains many CDs that I copied onto it is that sound and does not play to my audio system anymore.

I am wondering if the latest firmware update from PS Audio (WINDOM) may be the root cause of the problem or or this is an issue with your company or the name of my core core cannot be found by my windows 10 software as I used to have two separate zones but only use one of the zones so I removed the second one which had no information in it.

Using Microsoft network diagnostics I seem to get an error that says cannot locate DNS server. This is not possible because my Internet is working just fine. This issue can come from thousands of different places and it is so difficult dealing with your company because you do not offer any type of phone support which I would be willing to pay for. I am beyond my wits end trying to solve this problem as no one is taking ownership for it except possibly myself.

My ISP knows nothing about any issues with regard to Roon nor have they ever heard of your company. I cannot find an easy way to contact Microsoft for phone support either. I don’t understand the world I am entering as I am 73 years old and used to be a digital design engineer who can handle IT issues. These problems are really complex for me to deal with and I am extremely upset.

1 Like

Hi @Neil_Rosenblum,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for reaching out to us. While you are correct that we don’t offer phone support, I’d be happy to help you out here on this thread. Before we start troubleshooting please note that the only way to respond to my reply would be on the Community website at your thread link (Roon Nucleus not visible to Windows 10 computer anymore), replying via email will not work.

I am taking a look over the issue description you posted and apologies, but I am having difficulty understanding what the issue is, it sounds like you are unable to access the Nucleus at all?

Have you tried rebooting both the Nucleus, your networking gear and your Windows 10 PC and the behavior is still the same afterwards?

You mentioned that your PS Audio zone cannot be found. Does this mean that you have access to the Roon Settings menu? What exactly are you seeing when this issue occurs, can you perhaps share a screenshot? You can upload screenshots to this forum by using these instructions (<-Clickable link).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.