Roon Nucleus Plus - not working - power/networking issue?

Roon Server Machine

Nucleus Plus

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi,

I have a Nucleus Plus and just one end point. The system was working then had to reboot everything for an unrelated reason.
Since then Nucleus+ is not detectable - I note it is powering off every few minutes and then on - in regular intervals.

It feels like it’s rebooting but i don’t know why.

While this happens:

• Nothing is displayed on the screen (HDMI either A or B out) - ie no boot up text during restart nor final state showing IP address etc.
  • It is not claiming an IP address from the DHCP server (checked dhcp client list on router).

I wondered if it was a network issue and first tried different cables, different port on router and even a different router (with DHCP)

I tired a direct connection from computer to Nucleus+ using a manual IP on the computer with the same subnet as was last working - this shows the Nucleus+ is on the network for a while the power is on BUT it is without an IP (by nmap scan) then it disappears as the Nucleus+ reboots - and repeats

With attached keyboard I tried the Roon network reset sequence Enter resetnetwork Enter (albeit blind as nothing shows on the screen - but done at many different timings)

I am at a loss.

Is the Nucleus+ dead?

Hi @David_Sawcer ,

Since there is nothing displayed on the HDMI screen, we are most likely dealing with a hardware-related issue, and an RMA is needed.

I will follow up via private message (green notification in the top-right of the forum) to gather purchase details so we can create your RMA ticket. Please let us know the details there, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.