Roon Nucleus Plus

Roon Core Machine

Roon Nucleus Plus

My Nucleus plus seem to go offline after a couple of hours. When I try to connect to it, it says Initializing. I have to goto the web interface and reboot the machine and then reconnect on all my iPads and phones. This whole process take 15 minutes.

This is a brand new Nucleus Plus.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Linksys mesh network, iPads as remotes and PS Audio Directstream Mac as the endpoint.

Connected Audio Devices

Ipads as remotes and direct stream DAC as the endpoint.

Number of Tracks in Library

105745 tracks on a WDPR4100 NAS. I also use Qobuz.

Description of Issue

My Nucleus plus seem to go offline after a couple of hours. When I try to connect to it, it says Initializing. I have to goto the web interface and reboot the machine and then reconnect on all my iPads and phones. This whole process take 15 minutes.

Did you buy it from a dealer or direct?
When you say go offline, do you mean it just drops off the network while playing or physically shuts down?

Hello, I bought it directly form Roon. When I try to connect to the core after 2 hours it says Initializing. Hopefully you can see the screenshot, it never finishes so I have to restart the software,

Ad

d images

I’m guessing you have some kind of fault that it is causing it to reboot.
I’m guessing that you have checked the fitting of the power cable and everything else.

Go to the web page of the IP address using any of your mobile or laptop devices and see how long the uptime of the Nucleus is. If it’s only a few minutes then that suggests it is crashing.

Do you think it might still be importing and analysing your music? It’s possible that you have some music files that are corrupted.

Roon are likely to want the log files from this device to understand the issue.

Thanks, I put in an internal hard drive then copied my music. Since doing that the nucleus has been perfect. I think there is a compatibility issue with the Western Digital NAS that happened when WD updated the firmware earlier this year.

2 Likes

Well great news that all is working now.
I personally find having the music on an internal drive reduces the impact on networking and makes Roon that bit more reliable

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.