Nucleus+ Rev B

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet 1Gb/s

Connected Audio Devices

HDMI - Denon Receiver

Number of Tracks in Library

~10,000 tracks.

Description of Issue

I purchased a used Roon Nucleus+ to replace my 2012 Mac Mini that would no longer output over HDMI in exclusive mode. When I tried to reinstall the OS from build 175, it kept failing. So I followed some instructions on here on how to recover from a USB drive. But now it appears as a generic ROCK instead of a Nucleus+. How can I change the Model and Hostname to match what it was previously? Is there a special Nucleus IMG file I can download and re-flash my Nucleus+ so it shows up correctly? I know this seems like a minor issue, but I paid a lot of money and I just want it to show the correct model and hostname. Thank you for your time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason, welcome to the community. Nucleus software has some additional features to control thermal management and some other items. The Roon staff has a method to re-convert your Nucleus Plus from a ROCK back to a Nucleus, but they will need to perform some activities on their side. They are off for the weekend, but am tagging @support so they see this when they return.

2 Likes

Thank you for your quick response. I appreciate your time. :smile:

1 Like

Hey @Jason_DiMeo,

Ben here with the support team, I will follow up via PM for next steps. Please keep an eye out for a message from me :+1:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.