Roon Nucleus+ Rev B has stopped working

Roon Core Machine

I have had a Roon nucleus+ Rev B (SN 54B2030BBF24)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Have BT home hub connected to wired network
Netgear Prosafe 48 port switch
Cat 6/7 cabling

Connected Audio Devices

Naim NDX2 + others - wired

Number of Tracks in Library

4tb music in FLAC format on internal WD RED solid state drive drive

Description of Issue

Unit has worked flawlessly for around 4-5 years and it has worked flawlessly. A few days ago it no longer listed the local music in the system (although the flac files were visible on the 4tb internal storage drive when viewed remotely from a pc on the network). The unit had the latest version of the software. The unit was then powered down for several days as we were going to be away. On our return I attempted to power up the unit but it is no longer visible in roon remote and i cannot connect if i attempt to connect to its fixed ip address from a web browser.

When i attempt to power up

• the network cable connectors light (orange and flashing green)
  • the power button does not light up
  • if bottom cover is removed a small green led is visible near the power connector (this is the only internal light visible)

What I have checked so far

• Checked power output of transformer which is showing just over 19v
  • Checked connections and seating of M2 drive
  • Checked connection of SSD storage drive
  • Tried different network ports (both directly on router and through network)
  • Checked on Router that there is not a conflict on the fixed IP address (the Nucleus is visible as connected - MAC address is correct at the fixed ip address)
  • tried to connect hdmi cable to monitor but no visible output

Hey @jdonker,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delay in reaching your thread.

This tells us that the motherboard is receiving power, and there is a chance that it can be revived. The last thing to try would be a battery reset, which I can provide video instructions below, but only if you are comfortable in doing so. Otherwise, we can go ahead and get an RMA started for you to send the Nucleus in for repair.

Here are the instructions (note that you will need thermal glue to perform this test):

have tried the reset but still no joy - green light is on and have also noticed white light in mount next to it flashes. Also i can see the network adapter connected to my netywork but cannot access it.

Guess it looks like i will need to start an rma

Correction network adapter is not showing as connected despite the lights being on

Guess need to start RMA

Ok let’s page @benjamin for you but patience please as it’s now the weekend.

1 Like

Hey @jdonker,

Thanks for giving that a try. I will follow up via PM for next steps, please keep an eye out for a message from me. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.