Roon Nucleus sound hiccups

Roon Core Machine

Roon Nucleus software version 1.8 build 913

Networking Gear & Setup Details

I have the roon plugged into a Luxul 8 port gigabyte ethernet switch
That switch is plugged into another Luxul 8 port gigabyte ethernet switch
Cisco router model Dpc3931T

Connected Audio Devices

We are using Roon ready Bluesound Node for living room connected with Optical cable to a processor.
We are also using two Blusound Powernodes driving two separate zones of audio.
All devices are hardwired via ethernet cables to the same Luxul ethernet gigabyte switch

Number of Tracks in Library

8023 track imported into internal solid state hard drive 1terrabyte internal storage

Description of Issue

We are having a problem with music playback. While playing back music we occasionally hear an audible tick/click that momentarily interrupts the music. This may happen 4 or 5 times during a piece of music. The level of the sound is no louder than the music level and sometimes lower than the music level. But since it momentarily replaced the audio we do always hear it. We hear this while playing back music using Qobuz or from the harddrive. We hear this in all 3 zones. If we play the same file using the blusound software using Qobuz we do not get the glitch. I replaced the ethernet cable between the Roon and the router and still had the same problem.
It’s been 3 days since I posted this problem and heard nothing from support. We are a Roon Dealer, can we please get some support on this issue?

Miguel

Hello @Miguel_Velez,

We’re sorry to hear that you’re getting artifacts during playback from Roon. Since there’s been a delay in getting back to you can you please tell us if you’re still having this issue?

If so can you please try to play to the system output of one of your remotes or connect an audio device directly to one of the Nucleus USB outputs to see if you still get artifacts.

You may also want to take a look at our Help Center article on Networking for tips on optimizing your network for Roon.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.