Roon Nucleus - "There was an issue loading your library - Help needed (ref#H54R6I)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

· I can't connect to Nucleus

Describe the issue

Unable to connect to roon server. Had been working fine for last year or more. Message indicates “ an issue loading your library”. Have Roon Nucleus server and use Apple iPad as remote. Have large local music library on Nas drive and also stream Qobuz. What to do? Need help! Thanks Steve C. In Denver

You could try restoring from your backups.

Edit: this may help, too:

Hi @Steven_Coburn,

Thanks for writing in! I was able to review a fresh diagnostic report and can confirm that there are repeating traces of database related corruption happening:

Error: [broker/database] corruption detected: Corruption: corrupted compressed block contents
Warn: [broker] detected corrupt database, notifying client
Warn: [broker] detected corrupt database, halting broker threads
Info: [loadstatus] IsDatabaseCorrupt False => True
Critical: Library.EndMutation: LevelDb.Exception: Corruption: corrupted compressed block contents

Your best next move would be to try to find an older backup that predates the issues you’re experiencing. Let me know if you’re able to restore from a backup and get things running successfully. :+1:

Benjamin, no backup available. Will replace NAS drive for future proper backup. What next? Also, thank you for reply. Very much appreciated!
Regards, Steve C.

Hey @Steven_Coburn,

Ah, I’m sorry to hear that Steven! You’ll need to refresh your database in this case, essentially starting from scratch. I’ll share the process below:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Stop RoonServer from running in Nucleus’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your Nucleus’ Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Database
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Roon Server” and connect to the new database

Restored. Thanks for help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.