Roon Nucleus to Mytek Stereo192-DSD-DAC over USB 2.0

Does this message means there is still a chance for mytek 192 DSD to work on UBS 2.0?

Following your message, would you be able to direct me towards site that explains which DAC chip are recognised by the Nucleus natively? Thanks!

For USB DAC, XMOS (not a DAC chip) generally has the best chance, assuming it is based on latest XMOS hardware and firmware. There are always exceptions.

Get a Roon Ready player then you don’t need to worry about USB incompatibilities.

Hello All,

It has been determined that it is not feasible to add support in RoonOS for the Mytek Stereo192-DSD DAC USB 2.0 interface.

To use the Mytek Stereo192-DSD DAC at higher sample rates with a RoonOS device, we recommend using a USB to SPDIF converter or a Roon Ready endpoint with SPDIF output.

-John

1 Like

i don’t think there is unfortunately. and I don’t think they will supply something like that. The whole Roon Ready licensing is a business model.

but if a USB chip (for example XMOS) is supported (UAC 2.0) in linux, most times it will be supported with rock. Your Mytek doesn’t support UAC 2.0

Thank you for clarifying this once and for all.

Did mytek offer you any assistance?

no. 10 characters