Roon Nucleus + with Linn DMS and Orbi WiFi network

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus Plus
Firmware 1.0 build 227
54B2030BBC39

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

I use the Orbi system with three satellites to stream wireless

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Multiple Linn Klimax DSM and Akurate DSM streamers

Description Of Issue

The Roon audio cuts out frequently. Very anoying!

I am not a tech guy… So you’ll need to keep things pretty simple for trouble shooting.

I have already moved the Orbi router away from the corner and made the settings per your Orbi set up instructions.

My suggestion is to add a unmanaged switch between your Roon devices and your Orbi router. Plug the devices into the switch not the Orbi. I will bet you issues will disappear.

Are you sure? I own a Linn Klimax DSM/3 and it has been solid until release 1.7, build 610.
I think something between the Linn latest firmware and the latest Roon release. I now stop using Roon because of some issue where Roon loses control of a Linn streamer.

Hi @Brian_Payne,

Does this happen for all endpoints, or just the Linn? If you play to System Output of a remote device do you experience the same dropouts?

What kind of content are you playing? Is this local media? If so, where is it stored? Are you using TIDAL or Qobuz as well? Does it happen with all content?

I have three systems with unmanaged switches between the Orbi router and the Linn DSM devices. They suffer the same issue. Other suggestions?

Yes… I am sure of the issue. Sounds like you are having a similar issue with the Linn / Roon combination.

All of my endpoints include the various versions of Linn DSM. So I am not sure how to check this…

I am playing the following from the Roon device: personal library, TIDAL and Qobuz. All have the same issue.

Linn do not recommend WiFi as a connection method, unless wireless functionality is built-in.

Linn streamers need to be hard-wired to your router, possibly via an unmanaged switch.

What devices (audio) are connected directly to your Orbi? Are all of the devices connected to your main unit or one of the satellites via a switch. I have a 1 meter Ethernet cable from my main unit connected to a switch. Same for both satellites. All my devices are then connected to the switches. Rock solid sense I did this.

I think I know my problem, previously I hooked the Linn Klimax DSM/3 to a CISCO switch, I then decided to hook to the streamer to one of my Netear Orbi satellites, turns out the Netgear Orbi does not support IGMP snooping, this then causes Roon not to discover my streamer. Hooking the streamer back to the Cisco switch fixes the issue.

Hello @Brian_Payne, does the Linn work via Airplay? Also, do you experience these issues if you play to the HDMI output of the Nucleus? Nothing needs to be connected to the HDMI port to test this, you can check in Roon by just playing a track to that output.

I’d also like to enable diagnostics for your account and pass a report along to our QA team for further analysis. When you experience this next with the Linn could you please reply here with a timestamp so I can enable diagnostics? Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.