Roon on DSM 7 No Longer Beta

I see that on roononnas.org, the DSM 7 version has been removed from Beta status and is now a standard release. It also mentions that the upgrade from DSM6 is now supported.

I am unclear as to the proper install steps. Do I still need to remove the old Roon install and then install the new DSM 7 version? Can I just do a direct upgrade? I am uncertain on these points.

Following along. I have the beta running already and have for some time.

@Paul_Whittaker , I just updated to DSM 7.0.1. Any issues running the update with this “Roon on NAS” version?

I just upgraded to that version of dsm too and I’m running a really old version of roon (20210727).

I just asked if its safe me to upgrade to the latest room package

1 Like

An uninstallation should not be necessary anymore. You can just update to the new DSM7 version and it should be “repaired” afterwards.

In the update process your RoonServer and RAATServer folder will be copied into a new RoonOnNAS folder. The original folder will be moved to a folder DSM6_RoonServer_Database_Backup as a backup and it can be removed if everything works as expected.

I will update the roononnas.org website soon to reflect the changes.

5 Likes

Thank you. It did indeed perform just as you describe. Wonderful! Thank you!

Flawless update on both.
1st NAS
2nd Roon

No issues at all

Thanks
Chris

A few days ago, I finally dared to upgrade my Synology DiskStation to DSM7. I was afraid to lose the Roon functionality.

Upgrading from DSM 6.2.4 to DSM 7.0.1 went smoothly. Then I downloaded the Roon package from @crieke for DSM7 (version 20211105) and installed it via DSM Package Center. That also went without any problems. Roon is running like a charm again. :sun_with_face:

@crieke, thank you for your efforts. :+1:

Hi all,
I was waiting for this (no longer beta) and finally dared to upgrade to DSM7 as well, but in my case the result was not as good. The update to DSM7 alone didn’t “repair” Roon for me: I had to manually install using the installer, was asked to restore backup, and now – with the Roon remote on my Mac apparently seeing and able to connect to the Roon server (it shows the name of my Synology as Roon Core with the “Ready” green light on), I press the “connect” button to get the Roon logo loading endlessly.
Greatly appreciate if any of you can help.
My Synology is a DS416play upgraded to 8gb, and was working perfectly on DSM6.
thanks,
Mario

1 Like

Just to let everyone know that I managed to solve the issue – I had to re-log in with my username, deauthorize my NAS, restore a backup and re-map the music folders (which for some reason were not accessible after the DSM7 upgrade.

1 Like