Roon on M1 Mac Mini runs great

Now mono will be there for a long time but form now on it’s .NET 5. MS are working on it so it can run on the M1 arm chip

I even had vs 2002 !! Then every version since :face_with_monocle:

The good bit now is it’s free , I’m retired so community does me

I must be getting old

I’m not a developer but this article suggests .NET 5 is a good first step but for Roon we may need to wait until .NET 6 in 2021 for the Xamarin support:

Understanding Microsoft .NET 5 | InfoWorld

1 Like

ROON runs great on my M1 MacBook Air.
The battery life is gigantic. Already in operation for over 10 days - without the screen.
Fantastic!

DSP upsampling to 384 Khz 32 bit is supported with my T + A DAC.

1 Like

I have trial period and using Roon server on MacBook Pro with 16 Gb ram and M1 chip.
Sounds great and great functionality, love it
I will not continue using it for now until all bugs are fixed

1. If I start first song from Tidal and make Roon window inactive it will skip it after couple seconds and say that problem is in caching speed from Tidal, but LMS never has issue caching from Tidal on my network

2. If I put Mac to sleep with Roon running (not necessary playing), after waking up Roon will crash almost :100: %

Will wait M1 version or bugfixes for emulated one

I have noticed that after sleeping, Roon will lose all of its devices. I suspect that the program is not being forced to wait until the devices are accessible before it gets onto the CPU. I hope that a fix can come soon. In the meantime, I tell it not to sleep. It isnt too bad, running a 5W draw.

Any fix/info yet for the 24/48 choke on HDMI multichannel? 2.0 plays great, but I am unhappy with the resolution from my 5.1 files.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.