Roon on Mac can't be seen as core, and no network output devices show up

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Book Pro 16 (2019)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi Netgear Router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Raspberry Pi with Ropiee XL, run into a SMSL M200 DAC

Description Of Issue

Just happened today. Not sure what happened, went to play music via my Mac Book to my Raspberry Pi. Got a message that I needed to select an audio device. Went into settings and audio, only one device available, my Mac. Nothing else shows up. It did yesterday, I had my Denon receiver in the device list, my Ropiee XL, basically all my network devices showed up. Today, nothing. Used another computer to try and find the core on the same Mac Book, it doesn’t see it.

Did a bunch of searching on the network. Things I’ve done so far:

Installed a new OS (Mac Big Sur)
Restarted the Mac multiple times.
Restarted my network. Rebooted the Pi and the router.
Checked to make sure my Mac was connecting to my Netgear network. It is. I can connect to the Raspberry Pi using Safari and the IP address.
Uninstalled and reinstalled Roon several times. Tried earlier backups. Removed the Roon and RAAT folders in Mac. Renamed them as a second try. Still have the same problem.

I’ve never had this happen before. I can try a different computer, I suppose and switch the core to it, but I’d have to connect an external hard drive and was hoping to make the Mac work now as it did before, all the way up until yesterday. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @Derek_Jackson1

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Do you have a firewall or antivirus or anything running on the Core machine? If so, can you try disabling it and let us know if there is any change?

Can you also confirm that the MacBook is on the same IP range? Is the MacBook possibly connected to a guest network or something like that?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.