Roon on Mac stops playback randomly

I installed Roon on my iMac today (fresh download). I was working on the iMac and wanted to control playback from its 27" monitor. Screen real estate is a beautiful thing to give to Roon, so I ended up running it full screen.

I would then switch away from it to work. And then after some time playback stopped. First time I was on the phone and it didn’t immediately register what had happened. I just went to Roon, clicked play and continued working.

But then it happened again. And I clicked play.

Then it happened again. I went to look at the Squeezebox3 display, and it was in standby (clock being displayed). So I clicked play. And quit Roon.

Playback continued for 5 hours without problems.

I started Roon on the iMac to switch music. While I was making up my mind, playback stopped again. The display on the Squeezebox3 was blank this time. And it wouldn’t come back. Roon was just skipping songs like crazy, so apparently it saw “something” failing, and decided to try to recover by switching to the next song. Repeatedly.

I quit Roon. And unplugged power on the Squeezebox3, and plugged it back in. It came back fine, connected to Roon.

I started Roon to write this bug report, so I could look up its version number. And it immediately stopped playback again.

RoonServer on Intel NUC5i7RYH:

• Roon Version 1.3 (build 223) stable (64bit)
  • Debian 8.7
  • Intel Core i7-5557U 3.10 GHz
  • 16 GB RAM

Roon on iMac (27-inch, Mid 2010):

• Roon Version 1.3 (build 223) stable (64bit)
  • macOS 10.12.4
  • Intel Core i7 2.93 GHz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB

Using Roon on an iPad or iPhone has not been causing problems like this. I haven’t tried running Roon on an Android tablet since hooking up the Squeezebox3, but I guess I should try that, too.

P.S. It would be great if the version information could be copied and pasted from Roon.

Hi @Kim ----- Thank you for the very detailed report and taking the time to share your observations. Both are appreciated!

Moving forward, I would like to grab a set of logs from you to see if we can determine what could be causing this behavior to occur. I will be contacting you momentarily via PM with instructions.

-Eric