Roon only IPv6 ready but not IPv6 compliant

Roon Server Machine

Roon Nucleus
Roon Server 2.0 (build 1401) production
Roon Operating System Version 1.0 (build 259)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Cisco CBS220 switch connected to Sophos XGS firewall
Windows Server 2022 Active Directory servers (2)
All connected via ethernet
Running dual stack IPv4 & IPv6

Connected Audio Devices

Several AppleTVs and a SimAudio DAC & amp, all connected via ethernet.

Number of Tracks in Library

About 4000 tracks

Description of Issue

The Nucleus does not provide a DUID or seek out an IPv6 address from DHCPv6 server. It does not respond to router advertisements. It does show a link-local address. I use only DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 on my network (I don’t have a practical use for SLAAC). My guess, is that the Roon OS is based on Android which is not IPv6 compliant (no DHCPv6). Android was never intended to be used as a server and has no plans to.

In future builds, if there is no desire to make Roon IPv6 compliant can an option to manual specify an IPv6 address please be added (static IPv6 address)? Anyone using a purely IPv6 network will have a guessing game trying to find their Roon device without having a static IPv6 address. This would clear up connectivity issues with Roon ARC which seems to prefer IPv6 even when it cannot connect to the IPv6 network.

Roon OS is a custom Linux build

Hi @Carl_Lankinen,

The team is investigating this particular symptom in dual-stack environments on builds 1388 and above. Please stand by and we’ll follow up with more information about the cause of the issue.