Roon opens and crashes

hp laptop…Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

I think I’ve had it with Roon…2 successive laptops installations keep crashingTEXT GOES HERE

external hdd from laptop to Cambridge cxn via wifiNetwork Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi. It’s been very frustrating…I like Roon but this is not working at all./Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Hello @harold_atnikov ,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties here and apologies for the delays in getting back to you here, we have been trying to get back to everyone as quickly as we can following our 1.8 release.

Can you please confirm if re-installing Roon helps with the issue? If this helps, this would be the quickest resolution:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • (Optional) Restore database from backup

If this does not help with the issue, can you please use these instructions to send us a log set for review? Any questions, just let us know!

I think I may have soved it: I unknowingly was running Emby in the background…I disabled it

and my Roon library is now loading.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.