Roon OS 1.0 Build 253/254 - no HDMI audio out on Zotac CI331 (MOCK)?

Hi @Burkhardt_Petermann ,

Full of anticipation I installed ROCK with UEFI support (ROON OS 1.0 build 253) on the ZBOX CI331. However it doesn’t support the HDMI interface. Is there something I can do to enable it?

Cheers,
Dennis.

OK, back to Windows 11 then. It’s a shame, I really liked the small footprint + easy and quick install of ROON OS.

I’m not sure if it was working for you before Build 253, but with a NUC, I think you need to enable HDMI audio in the BIOS for it to show up in Roon.

I haven’t tried any build before Build 253 because the bios only supports UEFI. However a fellow Roon user has the same mini pc (not nuc) with an older bios that supports BIOS + HDMI with ROON OS 1.0 Build 227.

In Windows it looks like this. I assume if Windows is able to use the HDMI output then ROCK should be able to use the HDMI output too. It is updated using the Intel UHD Graphics driver. (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html?wapkw=intel%20uhd%20graphic)

Roon OS 1.0 only uses HDMI for (multichannel) audio - it does not use the video channel.

This may possibly be introduced with Roon OS 2.0 - whenever that finally arrives…

That’s what I’m missing. There’s no HDMI audio in ROON OS 1.0 build 253/254. I tried DietPi too, it doesn’t find HDMI audio either.
It should be possible, it’s just Intel HD Audio (Digital 8 Channel Audio Loss-less Bitstream via HDMI, according to the specifications)

Ah, so this is a MOCK, and not a supported NUC then. Sorry, but this is an AYOR situation… No guarantees that what worked earlier will continue to work with newer releases.

I understand this is a AYOR situation, but hoped someone could help me or give me some more insight. I don’t think that it’s specific to ROCK (ROON OS). Any Linux distribution I tried (Ubuntu, DietPi) doesn’t recognize the HDMI audio interface. (HDMI video works as expected.)