Roon OS 1.0 Build 253 Observations

No jumper settings.
This additional audio options seem to be ALSA driver based, rather a hardware based option.
Can the inclusion of ALSA drivers in RoonOS be made optional?

Ah sorry I misunderstood. Yes that one has worked now RoonOS 254, thanks :slight_smile:

That worked better, thanks… RoonOS is now at 254, though OS version is still “earlyaccess” - how can I get that back to “production” for a clean house?

This should happen automatically by a prompt in Roon (if this works for you) as per here:

(Not happening for me yet, though)

Yes, all good after Remote was quit and re-opened.
@AMP all good here now, thanks for your assistance.

On my non nuc core my disabled HDMI don’t show up on this build so it must be a combination of bios on the NuCs as well.

I don’t think that @danny feels the wish to make a product designed to be simple more complicated for just that? I think most users see outputs/potential listening zones they never use when looking into Settings|Audio. It’s seems to be easy for most to just leave them alone and disabled.

4 Likes

I think the volume of “what are these and why are they enabled” is quite low. The support volume from users disabling the extra ports, forgetting they have done so or forgetting how to re-enable them would be much higher.