Roon OS backup problems

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)**
Running a Sonic Transporter i5 with an internal 1TB SSD. V 1.7 build 537
Lumin U1 Mini running a USB to Berkeley Alpha USB then AES to Berkeley DAC.
Network is hardwired
In Roon settings I went to backup and installed Dropbox. I ran a backup intending to backup just Roon OS but it used almost 2 TB and appears to have backed up my music storage. How do I set up Dropbox to backup just my Roon OS?

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

User Guide > Getting Started > Backups

Hello @anon75017651, just checking in on this post. Have you had a chance to review the link blackjack sent?

I have and I was able to backup my Roon db and my music to the Sonic Transporter but they’re stuck there. Dropbox says i can’t backup anything from the network and my Windows 10 task manager isn’t working. Working on it again this morning–I have a new server coming in a couple of weeks so i need to get it done.

The Roon scheduled backup will back up Roon only. It does not back up your music.

Yes, I know that. I’m trying to backup both Roon db and my music to an external HDD on my desktop.

Yes, you can do that, but it is two different processes.

Yes, first I ran Roon db backup in Roon. Now i’m trying to set up a process where i can weekly backup both to the external HDD on my desktop.

Settings - Backup - Scheduled Backups for backing up Roon. For your music, you have to do that manually or use some 3rd party backup program.

Just plugged my external HDD into the ST. What settings did you use in the ST to backup? I can’t find backup.

In Roon go to Settings - Backups - Scheduled Backups - View - Add and make your choices.

Sorry but I think this is not the SGC support forum here. Maybe @agillis is able to help you.

Blackjack–are you a moderator or just trying to be “helpful”?

@Jim_F does that allow you to add your USB drive?

I’m trying to be helpful. If you have troubles to access/backup your ST then you maybe able to get some quicker help from SGC than here from Roon support.

Yes, but I have a Nucleus. However, I don’t think that would make a difference.

Is your music on the Nucleus? If so how do you back it up to your laptop? Third party? Which one?

Yes, manual backup using Windows File Explorer.

For support with Small Green Computer products please go to smallgreencomputer.com and clecik on contact us.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.