Roon - Playback not working - audio loading slowly

Qobuz and Tidal cutting out. Roon msg says loading slowly. Routine test speed 232+Mbps. Fine playing local content. 2 zones total. Salk streamer, lampizator DAC. Logged out then back into Tidal/Qobuz. No change. HELP.

Thank you for your response. My WiFi speed is stellar thus I don’t understand why this is occurring and what other checks or changes I can make to address the problem. All potential solutions are welcome!

Make sure you do a Speedtest in the precise location that you are streaming the music to. I thought mine was stellar as well.

Thank you!

Hello @Tomme_Schwab and welcome to the Roon community :wave:

Thanks for your patience while we returned to work after the weekend. I was wondering, if you play directly from TIDAL or Qobuz, do you experience this behavior?

Also, does it happen when you play to any of the two zones, or to the both of them at the same time?

Thanks in advance :pray:

No Problem! I was not not the one who posted the most current issue with that. Mine was resolved well over a year ago. But to answer your question, I don’t remember. I was streaming to a Chord Hugo/2Go. It was clearly a network issue for me because once I changed over my wireless network, it works perfectly. Every once in a while when I get a bit out of range, I will see that error message. Thank You!

Hello, yes it occurs when I play to both zones but thru Roon only. When I play Tidal or Qobuz directly they are fine.

Hey @Tomme_Schwab,

Thanks a whole lot for clarifying. As a test, could you please navigate to Settings → Services and click on Edit next to each of the services and on the pop up window and lower the streaming quality. Is audio still loading slowly?

I will have to let you know next week. I sent the streamer back to its manufacturer to increase its hard drive size and RAM and have it thoroughly checked. Again, no issue with direct streaming Tidal or Qobuz.

Rebeka, the streamer has been returned with a 5TB hard drive and 16GB of RAM. The primary issue that is still continuing is my library populates very slowly when scrolling thru it. The library is a little over 3TB. Album art is blank and titles are blank too for a very long time. This occurs wireless on my iPad, iPhone,and MacBook. It does not happen on my wired connection. I’m using an Orbi mesh router and speeds measure 228MBPS + consistently. I replaced the router and it did not correct the problem. Streaming from Tidal and Qobuz seem to be ok at present. What can I do to correct this latency?

Is there a way to communicate with Roon Technical Support directly in order to resolve this frustrating problem?

There unfortunately is not. Although, any issue I have had they have been really helpful with resolving, it just took some time. It seems like most issues that are posted wind up not being a Roon issue. Not saying yours is, but there’s usually some kind of device integration issue. Have you tried a different streaming platform to see if the same issue occurs?

My desktop wired PC is fine but iPad, iPhones and MacBook all have the same latency issue. The first couple rows of album art populate immediately but as I scroll beyond they are blank and dreadfully slow to list album and display album covers. I am using a Salk Gen 3 streamer with 5TB drive and 16 Gigs of RAM. There are 3.5TB in the library. Orbi Mesh wireless router speed is consistently over 230MBPS. Tried a different router with no change. What else can I do?

Hello @Tomme_Schwab ,

Apologies for the delay here!

Since you are using an Orbi router, have you by any chance confirmed this setting?

Netgear Orbi Routers

If you’re making use of an Orbi router, we recommend unchecking Disable IGMP Proxying in your router’s settings. This setting can interfere with the ability for Roon Remotes to connect to the Roon Core.

Have you had any further difficulties with TIDAL or Qobuz playback since your last message?

What is the size of this collection in terms of tracks/albums? Can you please let us know the amount listed under Home?

Please let us know if the above helps, thanks!

3 posts were split to a new topic: Discography is only partially loading

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.