Roon playing on Mac OS 10.14.6 with HK Soundsticks

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Innuos Zenith OS 1.4.5 Roon 1.7 build 610
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Belkin router as access point, ethernet to ISP’s router, Wi-fi to Mac

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Mac OS 10.14.6 connected with USB to HK Soundsticks (original version)

Description Of Issue

Sound predominantly through right channel and lacking dynamic range. I cannot control sound from keyboard, only through Roon app. Tricky when phone rings. I had this set-up working happily before updating Innous from 1.4.3 to 1.4.5 whereupon I had to re-load my music library. I have lost all my album data and settings for every audio device. This iMac is the last one I’m trying to reconfigure.

Roon is such an amazing product and I love what it does but I am sometimes woefully out of my depth!

Thank you.

Screenshot 2020-08-19 at 20.42.19|379x500

Hello @James_Daly, and welcome to the community! So we can narrow down the issue, I’d like you to try a few items:

1. turn off DSP and volume leveling for the Soundsticks and let me know if the issue persists
  2. play to system output of the Mac

Hi Nuwriy, Thank you for coming back to me.

1. I have turned off DSP and sound has improved and both channels balanced now. However, still can’t control output volume from keyboard. When I adjust volume in Roon to level 0, music still plays quietly through Soundsticks.
  2. Sorry, but I do not understand this. Are you suggesting I disconnect Soundsticks? Roon automatically outputs to Soundsticks even when Mac sound output is set to “internal speakers”.

Thank you for your patience!
James

Hello @James_Daly, yes, if you don’t have a “System Output” option go ahead and disconnect the soundsticks temporarily and let me know if the issue is reproducible through the device’s built-in speakers.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.