Roon playlists gone

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

macOS Big Sur 11.2
iMac20,2
Roon version 1.7 (Build 710)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ruckus
WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Devialet Original d’Atelier

Description Of Issue

Since two days my two Roon playlists don’t show. One 30 hours long :frowning:

Have you tried any basic troubleshooting such as rebooting everything?

Yes, the standard procedure is done.

It may sound dumb, but try the search spyglass, also do you have a backup of your library db, if not found in a search maybe restore from before they went missing.

Search doesn’t help and no recent backup unfortunately.

Roon support!?

Hello @MagnusG ,

What kind of playlists are these, TIDAL / Qobuz or Local Library?

Hi Noris,
Playlists created by playing the tracks in Roon and adding them to playlists named in Roon. My Tidal playlists are intact.

Hi again,
Firstly, congrats to a superb upgrade. It’s truly awesome :clap: :clap:
Secondly, unfortunately the upgrade didn’t bring my lost roon playlists back. Plan was to have one of them on at holiday trip from Sunday through next week.
I understand that the upgrade is support heavy but I would so much appreciate any kind help here.

Hi @MagnusG ,

Do you by any chance have any Backup of your database you can try restoring?

No, unfortunately not.

The problem occurred one or two days prior to the 1.8 update so this might be an update issue I guess. I notice there are discussions in the threads regarding tagging in 1.8. Does my problem have anything to do with changes in the tagging function? Are my playlists forever gone!?

If it happened before 1.8 then it has nothing to do with it.
If you didn’t have a backup then yes they are gone.

@ged_hickman1
Mening that if you make a roon playlist, there is a significant risk it disappear into thin air?
That is not at all good!

I’ve been using it since 2015 and not lost one playlist or had any form of corruption. I can only speak personally to having no issues.
However, I can only imagine the facility to do backups is there for a reason; in that problems do occur.

I’ve been using roon for a number of years myself. However, I doubt that has anything to do with this specific issue. Back up procedures are just fine, but in my case a change of the roon core limited the back ups for a period.
Is there a possibility for roon to confirm that the playlist is beyond saving?

@support can you help.

Hi @MagnusG

Your playlists that you make in Roon are tied to your database. The only way to recover them are with backups of that database.

When your playlists were lost, were there any changes at all to your setup? Any change in storage devices? Change in Core machine? Anything like that?

Are all of your edits and play history still available in Roon?

Can you share some screenshots of Settings > Storage for us?

Hi @dylan
Thanks. I changed the core from an imac to a new imac. My history now only dates back to February 4th. My old backups went with the old imac. The new imac is now the back up device.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.