Roon Playlists, where are they

Roon Core Machine

Running latest build of 1.8 on Mac.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet wired Mac.

Connected Audio Devices

Playing through Roon app on iPad and Mac desktop.

Number of Tracks in Library

20,000 tracks.

Description of Issue

Have been reading references to Roon curated playlists. It says hit the Playlist button in Roon app. I don’t see a Playlist button anywhere. And Playlists in the menu only has my personal playlists.

Suggestions???

Go to Home in the main menu then scroll down

Playlists doesn’t appear anywhere. I’ve tried on Mac, iPad app and iPhone app. Roon Playlists doesn’t show up anywhere. Running lastest versions of apps and server.

This is totally weird to me

They are under the home menu. Perhaps post a screenshot or two.

the bottom of my Roon screen.
No playlists anywhere. as I have said, not on Mac, not on iPad or iPhone app either

all running latest up to date versions.

to be honest, I don’t recall ever seeing Playlists and I’ve been subscriber for almost 2 years.

Do you have either Qobuz or Tidal?

no. not yet.

You need a streaming service to see the roon playlists and daily mixes.

interesting…does it actually say that anywhere???

1 Like

ok… interesting. everywhere they are referred to as Playlists, curated Playlists, Roon Playlists, but here it’s called “Daily Mix” not really the same thing, if you ask me. but, oh well. thanks for the help. appreciate your patience. still learning

Several Roon features depend upon streaming services. They are impossible otherwise.

There are two sorts
Daily mixes which are as they are named mixes for the user that change daily and are machine algorithm generated.

Playlists by Roon are human curated playlists that are the same for all users. And again as you see below is streaming based.

“In our latest release, you can now access everything our music team has curated, directly from your Home screen on both streaming platforms.”

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.