Roon plug-in for Elgato Stream Deck released

OK let me put it another way. How do I install this on the basis my roon server is in a docker?

Cheers

You only need to install the Streamdeck plug-in using the normal instructions: https://bliny.net/streamdeck-roon/. You donā€™t need to install anything on Roon.

It will attempt to communicate directly from the client machine with the Streamdeck to the Roon Core on the specified host and port (9100 by default).

Why does it talk about roon extensions then, and furthermore did not work for me? I installed the streamdeck extension and it asked me for the roon core, I entered the ip and nothing, but the instructions you link to says ā€˜step 3, enable roon extensionā€™

Feeling a bit thick this evening, sorry.

Roon requires that anything that connects to it needs to be enabled for security. The steps are in the doc as follows:

Step 3: Enable Roon extension

• Open Roon.
  • Open the main menu, and select Settings .
  • In the Settings window, select Extensions and find the the Elgato Stream Deck controller extension.
  • Click Enable .

You donā€™t need to install anything in Roon, just enable the what Roon calls an ā€œextensionā€, i.e. the Streamdeck plug-in.

OK thanks. Its not working for me.

I install the roon bit in streamdeck. I add a button it asks me to enter the host name for roon which I do, and I tried IP address the ā€˜connectā€™ button remains greyed out. There is a little ā€˜tickā€™ by the IP address.

The problem is I cannot click connect

In roon settings extensions, there is no streamdeck or anything, I really fail to see why there would be one there, surely I have to install something lol?

Ok not going to lie it was an error between the keyboard and the chair. The port 9100 was already typed in but I had to type over it for it to register.

Iā€™ll go back to my hole.

Glad you got it connected!

Great news!
Many thanks @Tomi_Blinnikka

Iā€™ve installed and it works smoothly.
The only issue I have is regarding volume button that are dimmed. Iā€™m using Harmony external volume control maybe it is the issue ? Any idea ?

Hi zeb,

That sounds you also have DSP volume control disabled in Roon which would prevent the Volume buttons from working. I canā€™t for example control the volume on my Oppo HA-2 which has a physical knob unless I enable DSP volume control in Roon.

Could that be the case?

//TB

Yes exactly it is up / down volume for my external amp controlled by Harmony plugin.
Too bad that Roon API does not expose it :frowning:

I will try to hook my amp network API to button instead.
Thanks for your feedback.

@Tomi_Blinnikka Iā€™ve seen you released 1.0.7 but my streamdeck is stuck at 1.0.5.
Is there a specific things to do to update ?

Iā€™ve submitted it, but it hasnā€™t been published yet. Since the whole ā€œapp storeā€ is manual, I think the delay is due to August summer vacations in Germany.

If you need/want it sooner, I can email the new version if you DM me your email address.

//TB

1.0.7. should now be available via the the Streamdeck app.

//TB

@Tomi_Blinnikka thanks so much for creating this plug-in.

Itā€™s been working well for me, but suddenly I have an issue that it disconnects from my Roon, causing art to go blank on the play button. If I hit another button, after this happens, itā€™s like it reconnects, and then I can control it again.

When itā€™s in this state, it doesnā€™t show as connected in SD configuration, but hitting the connect button there solves the issue as well.

Any ideas on how to keep this connection persistent? On a Mac, 1.7 (710), stream deck 4.9.2

I just picked up a mini and installed it into Roon. Way cool! Thanks for building this!

Question: is it possible to create a button that will trigger Roon to display a page or a bookmark?

Having an issue with localhost

For the time being, I am running roon off my laptop. I used localhost for the hostname, but also tried my computerā€™s hostname and 127.0.0.1 as well as my computerā€™s actual local ip, however I never get the prompt to authorize.
curl works for all 4 of these and I do get the HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found Content-Length: 0 response.

If you have time, could you see if this is something that can be resolved?

Thanks so much.

Mark, sorry for the late response. Not sure what exactly is going on, but it sounds like it might be network related. If it happens more or less consistently, you could leave a ping command running to see if there are any packages that are lost around the same time as the connection to Roon is lost. You could open a Terminal and type in ā€œping [my-roon-ip-address]ā€ replacing in your Roon IP address (preferably the numeric IP instead of a hostname, but in any case itā€™ll be the same one you configured in the settings).

//TB

James, sorry for the late reply.

Unfortunately, not that Iā€™m aware of. The underlying Roon API is the limiting factor here.

//TB

1 Like

Gregory,

One thing you could try is to use your machineā€™s actual local IP address. This would at least be a good troubleshooting step. There might be something in the underlying libraries that treats localhost/127.0.0.1 differently.

Can you try with whatever your real local IP is?

//TB