Roon plug-in for Elgato Stream Deck released

No problem, thanks for the reply. I’ve been having loads of fun programming button pages for the Stream Deck. I’d highly recommend this to all the Roon lovers as an add-on experience. It’s great to have a hard-coded, always present button to launch a playlist or a tag.

Hi Tomi, thanks for the reply! Yes, I tried with my local ip as well, with the same results.

That’s odd, I would’ve thought using the real IP would’ve changed the behavior. You don’t happen to have any firewall rules or apps that might be blocking certain traffic? Unfortunately I can’t think of anything else/really useful to help debug things and I don’t have a similar setup to troubleshoot.

//TB

Hi, thanks again for your help with this.
No, no firewalls. It’s been a while, but today it just started working, and I am not really sure why. Currently set to localhost and 9100 just like I had before, but this time it finally showed up in the extensions to be enabled.
This thing is awesome and really makes it so much easier to control roon now.

The way the port number prepopulates the field is confusing. You still have to type it.

Ah yeah, the default stylesheet that the plug-in uses makes it hard to tell that the value you see is actually just the placeholder text… :frowning:

Hi @Tomi_Blinnikka and anyone else that ends up here

I’ve been using Tomi’s Stream Deck extension pretty much all day every day for nearly a year. I do have quite a few other “profiles” on my Stream Deck, but Tomi’s is among the most used, whether it is to change the volume, pause the music or radio, switch Roon Radio on/off, open the Roon Mac app or do any of the other wonderful things this amazing plug in allows. It is my constant companion. Thank you x1000 Tomi for creating something so awesome and supporting it so beautifully. For anyone not yet converted, this allows you to control your music world at the touch of a button. No need to reach for the remote, sign in to your mobile, open the Roon Mac app. Just press a button. Bravo.

David

David,

I originally created it for my son who started streaming around the beginning of the lockdown, but has less time to do once school started again, so I’m glad you’ve found it useful!

//TB

Is this plugin still working properly? I haven’t used Roon in a while and just tried it yesterday and cannot get the StreamDeck to Extension to connect to my Roon Core.

Disregard, I got it working…

Thanks for this wonderful extension!

Does this still work?

Got a Stream Deck today and installed the Roon plugin in Stream Deck but I’m not seeing the extension show up in Roon (v1.8 Build 814).

edit: I got it working. Where you enter the port it was showing a “hint” of 9100, but it’s just a “hint”… I had to actually enter 9100. Then it all worked.

Great plugin/extension! Thanks for all your hard work. :+1:

Anyway to specificy sub-genre when setting up Play Selected Item button?
Eg Chamber Music in Classical?
Is there a list of genres/subgenres somewhere?
Thanks!

Is there an issue with Play Related Item?

Item Type = Album
Item Action = Add Next

But the Item Action always resets to Play Now, you can’t actually set the Add Next, Queue or Start Radio actions.

edit: The same problem exists for Play Selected Item. Item Action can only be set to the first item it the list, try setting to any other item and it’s not remembered.

I had a Streamdeck 2 delivered today for non-Roon purposes, and searched for “Roon” in the Streamdeck store. I couldn’t believe it when I found your plug-in. It’s absolutely brilliant, and has massively raised my delight with my Streamdeck purchase (and I was already delighted with it). A great piece of tech, and using it to control Roon with your fantastic plug-in is an awesome use-case. Thanks so much. My only regret is that i didn’t buy a Streamdeck XL…

Hey Tomi, the latest update for Roon (build 880) seems to have broken this plugin. Is there a fix in the works? Or if you’ve moved on from this, a way we can fix it ourselves?

Confirmed. This is not working in build 880. Once the software updated it just stopped responding, and trying to reconnect to the Roon core, the core does not see the extension authorization request.

I sure hope we can get this sorted out.

1 Like

This appears to be an issue with the ports being used for Roon API. It seems like they were moved?

Not sure how helpful it is, but I tried using these new ports and still no dice, so. Can’t say if that’s the main cause or not. I have no idea why Roon doesn’t just tell you what ports are being used for the program somewhere in the About section…

I was able to fix it by specifying Port 9300 in the Elgato configuration app.

Why Roon doesn’t call out if it is going to change things and make it easy I’m not sure. I would think that Roon would include all extension developers in their beta testing group or have it cleared through the developers. But perhaps I am misunderstanding why this happened.

Anyway, at least it is not a complex fix. Happy holidays, and much music listening, to all!

EDIT: for clarity, if that port number doesn’t work, you can find the port your Roon is using by looking at DISPLAYS under SETTINGS. That link includes the port.

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I was trying every port I could and nothing was working.

Hopefully the dev reads this thread and adjusts their documentation/plugin default port, as well as your comment about where to find it, so this doesn’t happen to other people.

That’s strange, my config doesn’t use 9300 at all.
I’ve been able to narrow down the ports my setup uses to tcp 8008,8009,9330:9339,9200 and udp 9003

Hopefully Roon doesn’t pull some different port numbers out of it’s hat with every new release…

Edit: I don’t use this plugin, but thought this info might help others