Roon problem to play Tidal

There is a lot of “logs” in Roon folder and just one log in Roon Core folder, Roon Bridge folder, witch one you need?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yQsExDskLgTJv5Qb71CamH4StLrHQ_kU?usp=sharing

would be this link you need?

Hi @Wladimir/@yasnaia_barbosa,

Thank you for sending those log files over, yes it is exactly what was needed. I am taking a closer look at them and I am seeing clear network errors at the times you mentioned:

04/25 23:17:35 Trace: [iPad de Wladimir] [Lossless, 16/44 TIDAL FLAC => 16/44] [100% buf] [LOADING @ 0:00] Jojo - Boz Scaggs
04/25 23:17:47 Info: [stats] 5907mb Virtual, 1275mb Physical, 368mb Managed, 75 Threads,  FDs 
04/25 23:18:01 Warn: [streamingmediafile] in immediate read: System.Net.WebException: The request timed out
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00049] in <f8bb3922e51744d9ace1aa6aedc374ea>:0 
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x0000e] in <f8bb3922e51744d9ace1aa6aedc374ea>:0 
  at Sooloos.Media.StreamingMediaFileImpl._ReadImmediate (System.Int64 file_off, System.Byte[] buf, System.Int32 off, System.Int32 count) [0x00086] in <e68d496ff9c14d808656bdce83479f34>:0 
04/25 23:18:01 Error: [cachingseekableurimediafile] while reading: System.Net.WebException: The request timed out

The above trace means that Roon tried to load the file from TIDAL but the request to TIDAL’s servers times out and this is why it took longer to start playback.

I am also seeing here that your Core is having issues maintaining a stable connection with our account servers and overall and anything network related is having issues streaming.

I have a few follow-up suggestions for you:

1. Can you let me know your modem model/manufacturer?

2. Can you try changing your router’s DNS servers to Google and see if that helps at all? You can do so by:

Opening Airport Utility in your Applications/Utilities folder, click on the device’s icon, click on the Internet tab, and enter the new DNS servers in the appropriate boxes. They should look as follows:

Changing DNS servers on an Apple router

1. Do you by any chance have a different PC around the house that you can install Roon on to see if there is any change? I want to separate weather there could be anything on your current Roon core causing this slow loading behavior.

2. If you have another router, it would be worthwhile to see if temporarily using another one helps here. As I have mentioned, we have often seen unsatisfactory performance with Apple routers in general. I realize you said that TIDAL streaming works as expected from the TIDAL app, but TIDAL and Roon use two different technologies, meaning that just because one works without issue does not necessarily guarantee that the other will as well.

Thanks,
Noris

Noris
I’m so sorry, but I already did all your sugestions in past putting DNS the way you told me about. I do have a Notebook (windows) and yes, I did try throught him (like CORE). With windows, they work for a little while, next didnt work again. I’m begging for help because I don’t know what I can do anymore. I can change again for DNS Google but I think not help.

I couldn’t understand, a few days later (for two days) I was listening music from Tidal perfectly, and in a magical touch, didn’t work again. After that I have a long time with all the issues that I mentioned. Seriously, I don’t understand.

My modem is from my provider, ZTE Corporation (made in china) and internet is optical fibra. Did you want that I change the DNS ? I didn’t have another router but I can do this. I thought the Apple produts was the best.

Hi Wladimir,

Yes, please give the DNS change a try.

Have you by any chance tried a full reboot of the router yet to see if this will help (power off, wait 30s, turn back on)?

We have often seen Apple routers cause similar issues so if you have another router that you can temporarily try it would be a good test, my current theory is that the router could be causing the issues here.

I am almost done for the day but I look forward to hearing your results for when I am next online!

– Noris

Hello Noris
I have good news! I didn’t change anything and saturday (all day) I was listening music without any issues. I confess that I’m not try for sunday, monday, tonight I will try again! Let’s see.

Ps: I made a checked (changing the connections) in ethernet cables

Do you know if Roon’s team made any change in my Program?

Hi Wladimir,

No, I am not aware of any changes made from our end for your Roon app.
I’m not sure if you already made the DNS change, but it’s possible that helped you here?
Do let me know if things still remain stable after a few more days with these changes in place!

– Noris

Ok Noris,
I do not change DNS.

A post was split to a new topic: Roon shows track as playing but is not actually

Noris,

The issues are back again! I dont know if I want to keep Roon this is really bothering me. Until now anything was made and I read for another foruns, the same questions and nothing is solve. I’d like to know what I’ll do now. My patience is running out.

Hi Wladimir,

Sorry to hear that the issues are back. From what you have noted, it appears that your setup was fine one day ago but now is experiencing the same issue once more. This intermittent problem often comes down to something about your network here, either the router can’t keep up or your connection to the internet in general is not stable. There are a few follow-up suggestions I have for you:

1. Can you try the DNS change?

2. As I mentioned we have seen Apple routers have unsatisfactory performance, if you have another router you can temporarily use in place of the Apple one that would be a good test.

3. If you don’t have another router you can use to test, can you try bringing your Core + DAC to a family member or friend’s house to see if you experience the same issues on their network?

To be very clear here: in the diagnostics I am seeing a network issue and the request for loading the streaming file is timing out. While other apps may be less reliant on a stable network, Roon depends on a properly functioning network to perform audio streaming. I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing your results from my above suggestions.

– Noris

Noris,
Yesterday I install HQPlayer and the issues was gone again! I’m waiting everyday to see whats going on.

Hi Wladimir,

It seems that this issue happens on certain days but not others, indicating that your network connection is unstable.

I left you some follow-up suggestions in my last message, I suggest you give those a try so we can try to find the root cause and address it.

– Noris

Noris,
I try all of your suggestions before you ask. I couldn’t try in another place with my core yet. But I’ll do.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.