Roon Radio don't work anymore

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core computer is a MacBook Pro / 2012 - Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4 - The music files (approx. 2000 albums) are on an additional internal hard drive (2 TB)
Streaming is done with Qobuz.
Via USB it goes into a “Lindemann musicbook 15 DSD”
(Converter and preamplifier)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB

Description Of Issue

Hello,
until recently I was very happy with Roon, my third music player. But recently Roon Radio only works with my own music files. Nothing happens at the end of the playback from Qobuz. An “unexpected error” is displayed. The error is always present.
I cannot start Roon Radio manually either.
In the community I see similar posts but can’t find a solution to the problem.
I ask for help.

Hi @Werner_Rothe,

Welcome to the forum!

Can you please let me know the following information:

1. Is there any change in behavior if you reboot your Core?
  2. Does this same issue occur for multiple artists? i.e. if you try starting Radio off of “Miles Davis” do you have the same issue?
  3. Does this issue occur on other zones as well, such as “System Output” (your Core’s internal speakers)?

The problem occurs with all artists, after repeated switching on and off and also with the internal speakers.

Hi @Werner_Rothe,

Thanks for letting me know. I have enabled diagnostics mode for your Core and what this action does is automatically upload a log-set to our servers for analysis. I can confirm that this report has been received and I have requested feedback from QA. Once I have further information, I will be sure to let you know, thanks!

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Another two weeks passed without “Roon Radio” and without further information.
Too bad, because I almost got used to Roon and almost forgot the high price.

Hi @Werner_Rothe,

I appreciate your patience here. There has been some progress on debugging this issue. I had a meeting with QA recently and they have been discussing why this issue is occurring with the devs.

Based on the current information we have, our theory here is that Roon Radio is unable to start because there is not enough play information in your account to make proper Roon Radio suggestions and we are currently working to see what we can do to improve this experience for users with limited play data.

Can you let me know how large your current play history is on this Core? You can see the history if you navigate to the Roon main menu sidebar -> history and it should list the amount of plays in the top-center of the screen.

Hi Noris,
the Play-History are 2102 Tracks. Is this not enough ?

Hi @Werner_Rothe,

We’ve made an update to our servers that we believe will help improve this. Can you give this another try and let us know if things are working for you now?

Your patience as we’ve looked into this has been greatly appreciated — Thanks!

The Roon Support Team

Hello everybody,
my first impression is very promising.
Unfortunately, my preamplifier DAC is currently with the manufacturer. That’s why I currently use Roon very little.
Greetings
Werner

1 Like

Slowly I’m really disappointed and angry. Roon radio didn’t work for weeks. It only worked again with the last update. I thought all was well. It was the same for a few weeks. Then it started with dropouts last week and now nothing works anymore. Supposedly I have no connection to the router and I should check my network. Strange that all other applications work perfectly. Does anyone have similar experiences?
Regards Werner

Hi @Werner_Rothe,

Sorry to hear that the issues are back, after your latest message you seemed to indicate that they were resolved, but no worries we can take another look here. Can you please start by rebooting your Core and Networking Gear and let me know if that helps?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.