Roon Radio limited to library error message

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Sonic Transporter

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Verizon FiOS internet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound Vault

I keep getting an error message that says roon radio is limited to my library. All my Roon software is updated and my devices are connected directly to my router. Qobuz and Tidal stream just just when I use my Bluesound app - not so with Roon. Rebooting everything fixed the problem for a day or two, then it happens again. I’ve seen a lot of threads on this and it looks to be a chronic issue with a lot us users. Any ideas?

Robert

This happens to me all the time. Rebooting everything fixes the issue for while, then after a day or two it happens again. Qobuz and Tidal play just fine all the time when I use my Bluesound app.

Hi @Robert_Galker,

What kind of Roon Remotes are you using to control the SonicTransporter? Does the same issue occur from all your remotes?

What kind of content does this issue occur with? If the seed artist/track is not a popular one, there may not be sufficient Roon Radio information for it, can you check to see if popular artists such as Miles Davis are affected by this issue next time it occurs?

Usually I’m using the iPhone or iPad app and it doesn’t matter which artist. Last night it happened with Nora Jones and Traffic.

Hi @Robert_Galker,

Can you please let me know the exact local time + date + track/artist you next experience this issue with? I would like to take a look at the diagnostics from your Core to see if we can gather more clues that way.

Just tried Norah Jones and it’s working. Could it be network congestion during peak hours in the evening? That’s when I usually have problems.

Next time I have issues I will let you know. I’ll try again tonight.

1 Like

Hi @Robert_Galker,

It’s possible. Do let me know the exact local time + date + content the issue occurs with and I can take a look.

I was just listening Norah Jones. The track froze for about a minute while the blue line on the volume bar swung back and forth. Then, it skipped to the next track and started playing.

Time: 308 pm et
Track: Being Again

And it’s happening again now with another track (Lightning Express)

Hi @Robert_Galker,

During this timestamp, did you also see the “Roon Radio limited to library” message or did the track just skip and radio continued to work as expected?

I did not see the Roon Radio error message.

Hi @Robert_Galker,

Thanks for confirming.

Since you did not see the error message, perhaps something else occurred here. It’s possible it was a networking issue, but I can take a look at logs to confirm if you want.

Please access your SonicTransporter by using these instructions and send me a set (via dropbox/google drive/ send.firefox.com): Sonicorbiter.com -> Manage -> Apps -> Roon

Is this what you are looking for?

1 Like

HI @Robert_Galker,

Yes, that is what I was looking for, thanks. I took a look at the log and I’m seeing Name Resolution Failures:

06/11 20:30:40 Warn: [streamingmediafile] caching https://streaming-std.qobuz.com/file failed: System.Net.WebException: Error: NameResolutionFailure
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00058] in <126998f2e5ae42fe95554117eb649feb>:0 
  at Sooloos.Media.StreamingMediaFileImpl+<>c__DisplayClass11_2.<_StartBuffering>b__1 (System.IAsyncResult resp_ar) [0x00002] in <e4cc36b421fe43b1ba8b252d77e16ad9>:0 
06/11 20:30:40 Error: [seekableurimediafile] while determining length: System.IO.IOException: streaming media failed due to network
  at Sooloos.Media.StreamingMediaFileImpl.get_Length () [0x00038] in <e4cc36b421fe43b1ba8b252d77e16ad9>:0 
  at Sooloos.Media.StreamingMediaFile.get_Length () [0x00000] in <e4cc36b421fe43b1ba8b252d77e16ad9>:0 
  at Sooloos.Media.CachingSeekableUriMediaFile.LengthCallback (System.IntPtr userdata, System.Int64& out_length) [0x00017] in <e4cc36b421fe43b1ba8b252d77e16ad9>:0 
06/11 20:30:40 Debug: [smc] [zoneplayer:1] Removing ordinal 109
06/11 20:30:40 Error: [zoneplayer] Unexpected Failure While Opening Sound: https://streaming-std.qobuz.com/file?uid=1019514&eid=33884422&fmt=27&profile=raw&app_id=188245549&cid=696711&etsp=1591925240&hmac=zrExtB_QbCowWxpOJP02oRbbO-k: System.Exception: failed to open location 'https://streaming-std.qobuz.com/file?uid=1019514&eid=33884422&fmt=27&profile=raw&app_id=188245549&cid=696711&etsp=1591925240&hmac=zrExtB_QbCowWxpOJP02oRbbO-k': UnknownFailure
  at Sooloos.Audio.MediaDecoderAudioSignal..ctor (System.String location, Sooloos.Media.CacheHints cachehints) [0x00085] in <7f650454774a4a2292054a6eda24cda1>:0 
  at Sooloos.Broker.Transport.AudioSignalFactory+<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Create>b__0 (Sooloos.CallingThread cx) [0x00273] in <f5a7d0fef8d3478baaa4c5d0cd8d795d>:0 
06/11 20:30:40 Info: [Vault 2] [zoneplayer] Open result (Queueing): Result[Status=UnexpectedError]

We have seen users have a better experience in the past if they change their Router’s DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS. Can you please give this a try and let me know if it helps?

Noris,

I just changed to Google DNS. I’ll give it a try and let you know. Thanks for the tip.

Robert

1 Like

No issues for the last couple of days. Hopefully that did the trick.

1 Like

Thanks for the update Robert!
If you encounter further issues, please feel free to reach out again!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.