Roon Radio Playback Issue

The error is still occurring 3-25-19 morning pacific time. However, most of the time the next Radio song chosen plays without issue, from Tidal.

Hi @Larry_Post,

I have split up your post as to better assist you here.

You mentioned that most of the Roon Radio tracks are working but you had an issue this morning with it? Can you let me know if this occurred for all tracks or just a few tracks this morning?

Can you let us know what content you’re trying to start Radio on? Is this local media, or streaming content from TIDAL or Qobuz?

Thanks,
Noris

No worries regarding the split. I have seen the error that RR will be limited to local library a few times this morning but it’s playing tracks from Tidal without issue.

Radio is selecting local and Tidal, I don’t use Qobuz. Perhaps the the ‘issue’ is occurring but is resolved before the next track completes…?

I would call this a false positive error. In the past couple hours not a single Tidal track has been skipped or not played, though I’m not watching it 100% of the time.

Content started on Tidal each time I saw the error. Radio is choosing tracks from my local library, Tidal tracks that have been added to my local library and Tidal tracks that are not in my library.

Hi @Larry_Post,

Thanks for letting me know that the issue has resolved itself. I did notice one report of a TIDAL outage on twitter and perhaps it was an issue on TIDAL’s end. Do let me know if things are still stable moving forward.

Thanks,
Noris

Noris, I was able to screenshot what is occurring. Roon is stating there is a problem but there is not and hasn’t been for days. I’ve been playing Roon Radio for the past two days nearly non-stop and this error keeps popping up but Tidal has not missed a beat. Each time I’ve noticed the error, the track Radio chose has been played from Tidal, including this one and the next. The error clears itself but isn’t normal for me to see.

Hope this helps fine tune the trigger that fires the error,

Hi @Larry_Post,

Has this issue gone away since re-building the Database or are you still seeing the same message?

Thanks,
Noris

Yes, I have not seen it since the rebuild.

1 Like

Hi. Try to log out and in again to Qobuz. I had the same problem.

Hi Marc,

I only have Tidal, and had logged out and back in several times, along with syncing. The root issue was my Roon db had some rather significant corruption that caused it to grow 4x beyond normal for the number of albums I have.

I’ve rebuilt it from scratch, losing my fovorites, etc. but it’s never run better.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.