Roon Radio problems: Nothing Similar to Play

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

System info: SSD, Intel I7-4800MQ, 32GB RAM
Roon Build:1.7 (528)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired 1GbE and pFsense router (2.4.5)

Testet 12ms to swim.roonlabs.net and reachable

Description Of Issue

I just started a 14 days trial yesterday. Features like Roon Radio is essential so it’s a little bit frustrating that it is not working right out of the box.

The error message is: Nothing Similar to Play

If I disable the Tidal service it works fine on local library

From the logs I get this:

4/13 10:29:12 Debug: [easyhttp] [14] POST to https://swim.roonlabs.net/1/session/ce0a9a1604fe42afa63dbf23acd5fb91/continue returned after 3425 ms, status code: 500

04/13 10:29:12 Warn: [mlradio] [1] [music/mlradio] _GetNextItems Failed: System.Exception: /session/continue failed: 500

I have tried to connect the server though my iPhone just to rule out network issues. And reboot’n’stuff
of course

This issue has been posted a few times

You might wish to follow this thread

Thanks’ for letting me know. I had a feeling that this is a problem at their end since it is getting a error 500 talking to the API (Internal Server Error). I considered trying to debug with Fidler to see what is sending to the API but since I’m not alone I have better things to do :blush:

Just out of curiosity since this is my first time on Roon. Is their service stable in general or can I expect hiccups like this?

I’ve been a subscriber for 3 years, and I would say that roon support is very good. This particular issue seems to be an edge case - it’s not affecting everyone and from what I’ve read it’s implied the dev team should have this fixed.

Hi @Soren_Emig,

We have a small number of customers reporting similar behavior that we have been investigating. We believe we’ve managed to find the cause of this issue and we have a ticket open with our development team to resolve this. I can’t provide any specific timelines just yet, but we hope to have this resolved soon and we’ll be sure to update you as soon as we have more news on this.

Thanks for reaching out!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon radio only play local library?

Hi,

Any update? I am beond the 14 days trial now and have payed for 1 year since it was working… or so i thought, but it is unreliable and intermittently goes wrong. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Hi @Soren_Emig,

Our team let us know that they made a change here this evening to address this issue. Please give this a try and let us know if there is any change!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.